Procurement Business Partner – Band 7
Temporary: 3 months likely to be longer
Location: Milton Keynes
Pay Rate: £17 – £22 per hour Paye Inc or £20.50 – £28 per hour Umbrella
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
* Support the development, implementation and management of the procurement strategy and work plans to ensure compliance with and achievement of the trust’s overall objectives.
* Contribute to the delivery of highly effective, compliant and customer focused procurement services which meets the Trusts procurement and materials management requirements, including the Cost Improvement Plan (CIP) targets.
* Support the development of promoting excellent customer relationships, balancing commercial and clinical considerations in the purchasing of products and services, and ensuring these are imbedded into contractual agreements.
* Support the development of excellent customer/stakeholder relationships and ensuring that best value solutions are adopted by the trust. Take the lead in developing key strategies for sourcing and contract management within
* allocated division spend area.
* Work with the Head of Procurement to monitor, measure and record the performance of the procurement and supply chain function against key result areas as outlined in the procurement strategy and work plans, and contribute to regular reports for trust committees and boards.
* To assist as directed in managing day to day procurement issues, attending meetings, seminars, and representing the trust at regional and national procurement forums.
* To identify and ensure that commercial opportunities to deliver effective and efficient supplies and services are identified and appropriate actions taken to deliver customer requirements.
* To ensure compliance with Carter efficiency targets for catalogue and purchase order usage. Ensuring management and maintenance of catalogue details and data.
* To work with the Head of Procurement to develop procurement strategies and supporting plans and deploy available resources in the most effective and efficient way to achieve desired outcomes.
* Work with clinical stakeholders to identify and develop innovative commercial projects that will deliver significant quality, efficiency and cost improvements.
* To achieve significant cost reductions in accordance with annual plans and strategic aims, whilst ensuring that the Trusts healthcare and reputation are not compromised.
* Establish and maintain excellent relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, and in doing so work collaboratively to identify and implement further supply chain benefits and efficiencies.
* To be pro-active in raising the profile of procurement amongst the clinical community and gain commitment and support of commercial objectives.
* Provide accurate and appropriate advice and guidance on procurement matters when requested by colleagues across the Trust.
* To work with procurement peers to identify and implement best practice and ensure compliance with all regulations and policies relating to procurement activity.
Salary: £17 – £28/hour
Job Type: Temporary
Location: MK6, Woolstone, Milton Keynes
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.