Private Sector Housing Team Leader
You will be responsible for leading a small team of Officers dedicated to improving housing conditions in the districts. You will develop effective working relationships with private sector and social landlords to improve housing standards for residents. You will also be responsible for the efficient administration of home improvement grants and loans.
Private Sector Housing Team Leader Responsibilities:
– Providing input into the creation and deployment of service plans.
– Understanding and contributing to budget planning, management and expenditure (overseeing and controlling the budget for your team, as required).
– Maintaining an awareness and understanding of new legislation and/or best practice, relevant to your team, interpreting the resulting implications and developing appropriate policies, procedures and practice to ensure that both councils comply with their statutory obligations, as well as to secure performance improvement and increased customer satisfaction.
– Both informing and writing papers for cabinet, council, committees etc.
– To ensure strong and robust line management of the team through the day-to-day supervision of employees within your team, including the management of annual leave, annualised hours, sickness and expenses claims.
– Review, update and implement council policies and procedures in relation to private rented sector housing and housing grants.
– Review and implement changes to IT systems to improve the efficiency of the service.
– Possess an in-depth knowledge of housing legislation relevant to the rented sector, including HHSRS and the Housing Act 2004.
– Ensure that the inspection, licensing and enforcement action for rented properties and sites, including Houses in Multiple Occupation, are carried out in accordance with legislation and council policies.
– Manage the efficient administration of home improvement grants by effective liaison with partner organisations, including Adult Social Care, contractors and housing providers.
– Accelerate the delivery of Disabled Facilities Grants through budget management and contract monitoring.
– Investigate and resolve complex complaints regarding housing disrepair and take enforcement action when necessary, including presenting evidence at Court.
Private Sector Housing Team Leader Requirements:
– A relevant professional qualification or equivalent demonstrable vocational experience.
– Proven successful line management experience including the ability to delegate appropriately, empowering employees to effectively deliver operational duties, tasks and goals.
– In-depth knowledge and experience of at least one of the functions within your immediate team.
– Local government experience preferred.
– Political awareness.
– Willing to travel, as required with a full driving license and access to a car insured for business purposes.
About the councils:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SB
Job type: Full time, permanent, 37 hours per week
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours – a flexible approach to work to work that our staff love. Salary pay awards – we review salaries each April. A generous career average pension scheme which includes life insurance of three times your salary. No car park costs as there’s ample free parking available. The opportunity to purchase a bike through the tax efficient Cycle scheme. A salary sacrifice car lease scheme – a fully inclusive driving package for a fixed monthly cost. Various schemes to keep you healthy (reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more). We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
You may have experience of the following: Line Manager, Line Management, Housing Officer, Housing Services, Local Government, Public Sector, Local Authority, Social Housing, Community Development, Vulnerable People, Housing Management, Rentals, HMO, Adult Social Care, etc.
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.