Principal Engineer – Development
Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm and Friday’s 8.30am – 1.30pm (Flexitime after probation).
OLEO International a trading division of TA Savery & Co Limited is a World leader in the design and manufacture of safety critical equipment used in a wide range of applications in the Rail, Elevator and Industrial sectors.
Due to substantial growth and increased demand for our energy absorption products, we are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our team in Coventry.
You will design, modify, and commission test equipment for rail, industrial and elevator buffers, rail couplers, and buffer stop assemblies. The role covers all aspects of mechanical test and development. You will be part of the T.A. Savery & Co Ltd. UKAS accredited test team. We are looking to added further facilities to expand our capability and want a technical expert to own the specifications and coordinate the implementation
Principal Engineer Key Responsibilities:
* Develop and work in accordance with Engineering and Development department procedures.
* Work in accordance with QS9001 and ISO17025 requirements.
* Perform product tests and analyse results, ensuring accuracy of testing activities.
* Produce robust rig designs for new products.
* Design test set-ups & rigs including control and data-acquisition using appropriate tools.
* Conduct testing; including static, quasi-static, dynamic, durability & environmental of high load products.
* Complete bespoke testing in accordance with new requirements for the rail and elevator industries.
* Drive continuous improvement in laboratory related activities.
* Ensure the accurate recording of test information and maintain test documentation.
* Extract process and analyse raw test data as required.
* Apply relevant statistical techniques to test data (DoE, SPC).
* Monitor test rig condition for safety and performance.
* Perform preventative maintenance on instrumentation / control systems and calibrate test instruments as required.
* Conduct and report conformity testing.
* Partake in design reviews and assist in DFMEA reviews.
* Identify and advise Engineers on product manufacturing and performance issues identified by testing.
Mechanical Test Engineer Key Requirements:
* Possess a Mechanical, Electronics of Control Engineering qualification.
* Practical experience working within a mechanical / product testing environment.
* Experience of setting up and monitoring mechanical tests such as strength, durability and environmental.
* Possess a practical knowledge of electronic measurement and logging equipment such as load cells, accelerometers, LVDT’s, accurate stroke measurement devices, strain guages and amplifiers along with calibrating measuring equipment.
* Experience in hydraulic rig design / specifying using PLC’s and safety systems would be advantageous.
* Proficient in extracting, processing and analysing test data.
OLEO International is an equal opportunities Employer.
*No Agencies Please
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Coventry, West Midlands (County)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.