On Line People are looking for a Plumbing Maintenance Technician for one of our major clients based in the Walsall area. Excellent Package on offer with added benefits. Monday to Friday 37.5 hour week , Company Van , Fuel Card , On call on a rota basis.
The key function of the role is to support the client in delivering building services maintenance and repairs across the NHS, to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for visitors, customers, and employees.
* • Ensure compliance in accordance with all Health, Safety & Wellbeing Policies, relevant NHSPS Technical Guidance, Process and Procedures, Statutory Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice and any applicable aspects of HTMs.
* Ensue that new or revised practice and policies are implemented within own work areas.
• Deliver Scheduled, Reactive and Remedial maintenance services as directed by the PPM planner (CAFM), helpdesk or Technical Services Supervisor, ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times.
• Duties may include (but not limited to) fault finding, minors repairs or installations and maintaining services and equipment within critical environments.
• You may be required to undertake tasks in disciplines other than your own.
• Ability to assess problems to determine the best course of action, this would include complex technical issues and be able to communicate technical and or complex information to various stakeholders.
• To maintain effective site log books at all NHS premises where required, ensuring that they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Work with and support the Projects/Construction team and Technical Services Supervisor in identifying, scoping, and delivering minor capital works for NHS premises. Able to plan and organise a number of complex activities and adapt within a changing and challenging work environment.
• Be able to provide solutions to problems and undertake new installations from design to completion.
• Provide practical training to staff and contractors. e.g. site inductions and emergency procedures.
• Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking works, ensuring compliance with all safety standards and undertake works as per instructions within any relevant permit or work plan.
• Understand the principles of fire risk assessment and relevant precautions within the workplace.
• Record and report any risk, loss, or defect to the Technical Services Supervisor and/or helpdesk as appropriate with a view to making recommendations for corrective action and seeking authority to act.
• Support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent customer service at all times.
• Participate in an emergency call out service as required.
• As directed by the Technical Services Supervisor, to manage, co-ordinate or supervise works with external contractors or colleague teams for tenants and customers as required to complete tasks in line with schedules of work.
• To complete all relevant mandatory and job-related training in line with company requirements.
• Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of building services maintenance as directed by the Technical Services Supervisor or helpdesk.
* BTEC City & Guilds plus relevant experience and training.
* NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
* Formal apprenticeship or craft trained equivalent.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* IPAF / PASMA license.
* Current CSCS Health & Safety Card Holder.
* IOSH Managing Safely
* Additional Trade qualification electrical/gas.
* Previous experience working within Healthcare Services.
* Awareness of HTM and SFG20 standards.
* Previous experience working with CAFM reporting systems.
* Experience of working in highly serviced buildings
* Previous experience working within a buildings maintenance environment.
* Working within the requirements of method statements or permit to work.
* Experience delivering maintenance services to a specification such as SFG20.
Salary: £30000 – £34000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: WS2, Leamore, Walsall
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.