Requisition ID 22339
Position Type FT Permanent
Career Function Manufacturing/Production
Division Kerry Foods
We’re Kerry Foods – a leading name in the global food industry, and a distinctly individual business. We’re home to incredible brands, over 6000 brilliant people and big ambitions. Our products, many of which are household favourites, are eaten by millions of people every day. Your energy, enthusiasm and fresh thinking could help us reach millions more.
About the role
We’re currently recruiting a Planning Manager to join our team in Kerry Foods, based at our wonderful Spuway site in Greenford, London!
This role offers not only a fantastic opportunity to join an amazing team driven team but also a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We’re looking for an individual that loves a challenge, loves food, loves working in in a really fast paced environment and who wants to join a collaborative planning team. If this sounds like you, then please send us your CV.
The role of the Planning Manager is to manage and support the activities of the production planning, scheduling and material call off functions.
To achieve success in this position it is critical that the Planning Manager embodies Kerry Foods Purpose Vision & Values and practices the principles and philosophies of KPS
– Responsible for Leading the planning, scheduling and material call off to ensure they are engaged and high performing with a focus on problem solving and team work. Build trust through effective leadership and the skilled application of people management processes and open 2 way communications.
– Implement and embed any defined SC strategies supported by the Head of Supply Chain within planning, scheduling and material call off functions
– Planning activities in pursuit of the strategy on a master schedule to deliver the strategy on time and in budget.
– Responsible for planning and scheduling within the site including: plans and schedules are issued on time, inclusive of all processes and labour and use the defined ICT tools and methodologies correctly.
– Responsible for supporting the planners and schedulers in making the right decisions to deliver customer service at optimum cost
– Responsible for the Material Call-Off function and ensuring requirements are executed accurately and timely against production plans and schedules and in line with pre-defined Group Purchasing contracts
– Support the material call off function with any escalated supplier or procurement issues to aid and build sustainable resolution
– Responsible for ensuring the effective execution of the exceptional demand management process on the site, whether originating at the site or within demand planning
– Continuously improve standards across production planning, scheduling and material call off by executing 8 Step Practical Problem Solving and other KPS methodologies as appropriate.
– Responsible for leading the defined governance around Tactical Planning Meeting, Supplier Performance Reviews and Planning / Material Call Off huddle and supporting with key inputs to the Supply Chain Kaizen Meeting and Supply Chain Weekly Strategy Reviews
– Responsible for analysing the metrics and ensuring team members are taking appropriate actions to improve or sustain performance
– Responsible for ensuring the required level of resources are in place and deployed appropriately to conduct all activities across planning, scheduling and material call off to support business needs, including holiday periods
Qualifications and skills
Must have 2 years experience in production planning role and or scheduling activities within a manufacturing environment
Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills
Proficient Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
Highly Proficient in the use of MS Office tools
Must have working knowledge / experience in working with ERP based systems, planning and MRP systems
Strong self-discipline and a structured approach to improvements
The ability to identify and actively plan improvements.
Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
Effective communicator who facilitates bottom up and top down communication channels
Take a look at what’s going on at Kerry Foods on our LinkedIn page or follow us on Instagram and Facebook @kerryfoodsofficial
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.