Location: Haverhill, CB9 7XU.
Salary: Highly competitive.
Contract: Full time, shift work – 9pm – 6am Monday to Thursday.
Saica Group provide sustainable recycled paper, corrugated cardboard and flexible packaging manufacturing solutions as well as solutions for waste management and the recovery of waste. Sustainability at Saica begins with our values – we care, we value and we challenge.
About the role
The role of the Pitstop Operative is to ensure that all components for each printing order are at the press in a timely and accurate manner, that ensures targets for make ready and running are meet and minimal down time is used.
The Pitstop Operative may be required/trained to cover breaks and absences of printers.
• Print machine lists and prioritise inks, cutters & plates as running list.
• Locate printing dies and pair with job. Return die to correct location when completed.
• Locate inks and pair with job.
• Have a full understand of mixing ink and the sytems and processes required.
• Keep the ink store clean and tidy, maintain stock levels and report shortages to shift manager in a timely manner.
• Locate printing plates in the abscence of Pre press and pair with job.
• Mount plates using either the automated or manual plate mounter, these should be clean, 100% straight and using the correct tape.
• Spot and promptly report any problems or faults relating to the pitstop operation or any other area of your responsibility.
• Assist printer getting mounted plates, anilox’s & inks into and out of the press.
• Collaboration with colleagues, to ensure effieciencies are met. Actively challenge and implement continuous improvement to ways of working.
• Assist with general housekeeping to ensure production areas are clean, safe and operating to maximum efficiency.
• Provide support to colleagues and carry out any additional duties requested of you as and when required.
What we need from you
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes
• Good level of numeracy & literacy – GCSE level or equivalent in English and Maths useful but not essential
• Proven experience within a printing environment, with some experience of handling and mixing inks. Desirable but not essential .
• Experience of working to and hitting deadlines on a daily basis
• Experience of quality, health, safety and environmental standards and practices within a production environment
• Fluent English – ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and understand both written and verbal work instructions
• Able to embrace Saica vision and values
• Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and managers
• Used to using own initiative to resolve issues or seek appropriate advice
• Strong attention to detail – able to check plans, job numbers, schedules etc and flag any issues spotted
• Able to plan and prioritise within a pressurised manufacturing environment where changes to plan can occur at short notice
• Effective team member – able to collaborate with others to achieve business goals
• Understands customer needs both internal and external – quality conscious and sets high standards
• Puts safety first – unwilling to compromise on standards to complete a job
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then pleas “Apply” today!
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Haverhill, Suffolk
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.