Negotiable Salary (DOE), Homeworking, Car Allowance, Company Pension, Private Medical Insurance & Life Insurance
* Client is looking to recruit an experienced Piling Design Engineer, to work within their estimating team, who is looking to progress their career, working within a homeworking role. As a business, they are committed to the professional development of their employees and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and expanding business.
* The teams principal objective is to identify new business opportunities by preparing design solutions, estimates and tender proposals for the delivery of a variety of piling disciplines that meets the customer’s needs and in accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy.
* The role is design and estimating. You will need to be proficient in working with relevant design software and have an understanding of the estimating process. You will be expected to work from a bill of quantities or a set of drawings and any other form of enquiry documents a client will issue and provide piling designs and price estimates for everything from a one-off scheme to ongoing projects which will be completed over several months.
* You will be required to follow a project through with any design requirements as the project develops or progresses.
* You will be expected to have combined site experience with quantity surveying skills, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis.
* This is a customer focused role that requires you to have the ability to engage with clients to determine their needs and articulate those requirements in order to provide a solution-based proposal.
Design and Estimating Skills Required
* Interpret architectural engineering plans, blueprints and specification drawings to determine the scope of works
* Check the tender requirements against the Company’s governance procedure and accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy to determine the most appropriate engineering design solution for the installation of sheet steel, driven or bored piles, etc
* Prepare designs for fully embedded retaining walls, cantilever and propped solutions, bearing piles either bored driven or VCC using information supplied by the client or suitable generic engineering values for the soil strata present on site
* In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents
* Review contract conditions and incorporate the Company’s requirements within a written tender submission document
* Liaise with client on an ongoing basis to determine progress of tender
* Comply with stated Company policies and procedures relating to health and safety legislation
Essential Qualifications and Work Experience
* BA Engineering / Civil Engineering – or equivalent in relevant experience
* At least 5 years’ experience in heavy civil engineering
* Minimum 40 hrs per week as dictated to meet the needs of the business.
* The pressure and fixed nature of deadlines means some late nights may be needed. Overnight stays are rare, but you will need to travel to meet clients on site.
Probe Technical Recruitment, R&D Recruitment Specialists since 1994
Salary: £35000 – £50000/annum £Negotiable + Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.