PERSONAL TAX MANAGER
The firm are a very highly regarded Top 100 practice, seeking a Personal Tax Manager. The main focus of this role is to manage workflow of the tax team and to continuously review the current way of working and successfully implement improvements.
Your core responsibilities will include:
* Manage compliance workflow for the personal tax team – monitor time allocations, budgets and deadlines, including data insight for internal management reporting
* Proactively manage a diverse portfolio of personal tax clients and support Partners with compliance work and ad hoc tax advisory work as required, ensuring compliance with Revenue and in-house deadlines.
* Build long lasting client relationships. Develop and apply your technical and commercial knowledge to provide expert advice.
* Ensure assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets
* Liaise and negotiate with HMRC on behalf of clients. Respond to HMRC enquiries.
* Responsible for billing own portfolio and managing own WIP
* Review prepared tax returns
* Input in to service and product pricing, including assisting with new client quotes
* Liaise and collaborate with the compliance team and other departments on client matters, identifying cross-selling opportunities
* Participate in business development and marketing activities including networking in the business community to develop own external profile and the firm’s brand
* Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and networking
* Lead potential new clients meetings bringing them on board
* Maintain up to date and relevant technical knowledge of the industry and national economic issues
* Line manage, develop and mentor junior staff including overseeing work and assisting team members to support their performance and career development
What we can offer you:
* Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance and a retail discount scheme
* Generous holiday allowance + ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
* Flexible working
* A wellbeing programme with regular events and activities focused on your physical and mental wellbeing
* Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
* Regular company and team social events throughout the year
* A minimum of 5 years UK practice personal tax experience with some managerial experience
* Ideally CTA and/or STEP qualified, but no essential
* Strong client relationship skills
* Proven project management and collaborative leadership skills
* Experience and willingness to network and develop new business leads
* Extensive experience in cooperating with HMRC
* Strong communication skills, verbal and written
* A positive, confident and proactive attitude
* Ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
Salary: £40000 – £50000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.