Our client are looking to recruit an Inspector/ Supervisor for their busy paint-shop. They are a leading engineering company within the oil & gas fabrication industry.
• Job Description
• The Paint Shop Supervisor, reporting to the Fabrication Manager, is responsible for the daily running of the paint shop. The candidate must be able to read engineering drawings and should have had extensive experience inspecting painted components
• Area/People Responsibility
2 x Shot blasting operators
2 x Painters
4 x Painting Assistants – responsible for Degreasing, Fettling, Masking.
• Job Role – Supervisory
• Organise work for paint shop operators on both day shift and afternoon shift.
• Communicating technical aspects of each job to all individuals working within the paint shop including , masking details, painting systems, inspection requirements.
• Ensure all paint reports are accurately compiled and all relevant information is fully recorded either by hand or electronically.
• Ensure painting operations are performed efficiently and planned v’s actual hours are achieved.
• Responsible for setting the quality standards within the department and ensuring they are maintained.
• Supervise all relevant technical training within the department
• Responsible for ensuring that departmental Standard Operating Procedures are adhered with.
• Assist in managing the department budget including procurement of painting consumables.
• Assist in managing the weekly production plan.
• Manage holiday rota within the department.
• Manage and supervise overtime working within the department.
• Manage absence and lateness within the department.
• Responsible for the disciplinary process up to and including verbal warning stage
• Ensure high standards of house-keeping are maintained
• Actively partake in the Health & Safety committee.
• Overall responsibility for HSE within the workshop – flag up training where required.
• Support the management team when required.
39 hour / week – (07.00 – 15.00 Monday to Friday)
• Overtime: 1.5 x basic rate
• Pension: 3% Annual Salary
• Holiday: 25 days + Statutory Days
Job Role – Inspection
• Ensure inspection of all painted parts is completed to the relevant standards and as a minimum to the requirements of the attached coating report.
• Person Specification
• NACE level 3 Qualification
• Comprehensive hands-on experience of working in a paint shop environment.
• Fully conversant with detailed engineering drawings and technical specifications.
• An extensive knowledge of NORSOK M-501 and associated paint systems
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Enthusiastic, flexible and committed. A strong sense of responsibility and accountability.
• Previous experience in a lead/supervisory role
• NACE level 3
Please send your CV
Salary: £45000 – £48000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leigh, Borough of Wigan
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.