Job Title / Position: Packing Operatives
Job Ref no: PET-POMM
Position Type: Temporary
Branch Location: Peterborough
Work Location: Peterborough – March Area
Base wage Days & Lates 25yrs & over NLW £8.72 per hour.
Base wage Days & Lates Under 25yrs NMW £8.20 per hour.
Base Wage Night Shift £8.98 per hour
Shifts / Hours: 06:00-14:00 / 14:00-22:00 / 22:00-06:00
These positions involve working on and around various production and packing lines within the factory, job roles will vary during the day to ensure full training of line duties and responsibilities. General duties may include but not limited to; assembly of product, packaging, labelling, boxing, basic quality assessment, palletising the products using specific pallet specification plans and general light clean down duties.
Operatives must be flexible in assignments as duties may vary from to time to time a certain level of dexterity is required and will be assessed where needed.
All candidates must be flexible, reliable and available for an immediate start. Candidates will preferably command a basic to good level of English speaking, reading and writing.
All applicants for consideration will undergo full registration and pre-site selection testing.
Successful applicants will move on to a full site orientation and induction on their first day of work.
Monday to Friday
06:00-14:00 / 14:00-22:00 – can rotate weekly
22:00-06:00 – static nights
Position Requirements (Skills / Experience)
• Packing experience preferred – however full training can be provided
• Good work ethic
• Own transport is beneficial but not essential as this is accessible by local bus, walking & bicycle also transport from the Peterborough office can be provided
The role involves the following physical requirements on a daily basis:
• Standing or walking long periods up to 8 hours
• Lifting and moving products up to 15kg
• Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, crouching and/or stretching
• Pushing and pulling up to 15kg in weight
• Manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
Quest Employment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment.
Salary: £8.72 – £8.98/hour
Job Type: Temporary
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.