Job Title: Operations Support
Location: Aldwarke Terrace, Parkgate, Rotherham S62 6BX
Pay: Between £8.91 and £11.00 per hour dependent on experience
The purpose of the role is for the operations support individual to gather technical knowledge of the product manufacturing process and our current range of products. The individual will focus on learning all aspects of the production process to enable a long standing career within the business.
The successful candidate
The successful candidate is likely to be someone who knows nothing about Springs! And that’s absolutely fine – because we fully plan on teaching them everything that we know. But they will have a desire to find out how things are made and a willingness to learn. For this role, we’re not interested in degrees and qualifications, we’re interested in someone who wants to learn – someone who will act like a sponge and soak up all of the knowledge that we have within the business, about springs.
The right candidate will probably have hobbies that involve building things in their garage or shed. They’ll be super passionate about building things, just like we’re super passionate about springs.
3 important characteristics of the right candidate:
They’ll not be afraid to ask questions
Their problem solving skills will be second to none
They’ll always be looking for a better way of doing things.
Owen Springs is a long standing manufacturer of leaf springs and have been satisfying specific customer requirements for over 30 years.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* To learn all about Springs
* The products that we sell
* How they are made
* Why they are made in the method currently used
* Understand the machines/equipment used to make the springs
* Learn all about the regulations in which the springs must comply with
* Learn and understand the drawings associated with each spring as well as the actual requirements for each customer specification
* Develop an understanding of the sales pipeline and future requirements
* Understand the production process used to manufacture springs
* Supervise Dispatch Operative and priorities daily work load inclusive of Customer Cares Requirements
* Ensure all pallets and packages are checked before dispatch.
* Create customer labels for finished goods.
* Document & Instruct all manufacture goods to stock locations.
* Investigate any discrepancies in stocks.
* Assist in all Stock Takes for Finished goods.
* Ensure that any customer supplied products or returns are allocated to correct location for inspection.
* Document & Inspect all Incoming Finished goods
* Receive Customer returns, Investigate and report.
* Correspond directly with customers in respect to product returns.
* Process to completion all warranty and returns documentation.
* Carry out internal NCR investigation and report.
* Create, build, and maintain a comprehensive BOM for Netsuite.
* Participate in and document review of production working practices.
Health & Safety and QA
* Be a member of the company Health & Safety committee.
* Work with Group H&S Manager to maintain & update all H&S Procedures.
* Inform & provide documentation to Production Supervisor (PS) of an up come H&S requirements.
* Work with Group QA Manager to maintain & update all QA Procedures.
* Inform & provide documentation to Production Supervisor of an up come QA requirements.
* Create Cast numbers for Production Supervisor.
* Create Certificates of conformity for Customers
Salary: £8.91 – £11/hour Additional holidays
Job Type: Permanent
Location: S62, Aldwarke, Rotherham
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.