Our client are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland now have a new exciting OPERATIONS MANAGER role based at their site in ROTHERHAM
The Depot Operations Manager reports to the General Manager. The Depot Operations Manager role is responsible for leading and managing operational aspects of the service centre on for our clients products ensuring achievement of budgeted and/or targeted service, cost and quality performance measures. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of all employed colleagues, third party subcontractors and owner drivers. They will manage the premises, equipment and consumables, ensuring the most cost effective and high quality performance is delivered.
The role will drive and lead the change process to deliver a fully integrated service centre operation in conjunction with the General Manager.
* Lead and manage the day to day depot operation.
* Ensure all activities are undertaken in line with company policies in safe and proactive manner
* Managing costs, performance and growth of the depot.
* Lead and engage a team to drive excellent customer service
* Effective management of performance, conduct, absence, engagement and training and development of team members, holding people accountable to agreed departmental and company standards.
* Monitor KPI’s, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement.
* Work with general managers on change initiatives.
Essential criteria for this role
* Evident line management experience in production/logistics/mail/ parcels services environment.
* Proven record of delivering great service to Customers and managing on-going Customer relationships.
* Experience of managing a diverse workforce including sub- contractors, self- employed drivers.
* Experience of managing direct cost budget.
* Ability to use Microsoft XP (Excel, Word, Email, Access, PowerPoint) or similar data base.
Additional information on this role
40 Core Routes , covering the DN, S and some DE and NG Postcodes. 30 employed staff plus some PAYE Drivers, but mainly self employed Courier Drivers. Big opportunity to progress in the future.
If you have previous experience of managing teams in fast-paced multi-drop and self employed mail/distribution environments and have the ambition to develop your leadership skills, then we would love to hear from you.
Competitive Rates of Pay circa £34,000 to £36,500
Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
Pension, Life Assurance,
Excellent opportunities for career progression and more
Salary: £34000 – £36500/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.