Position: National Refrigeration Operations Manager
Location: London (within the M25) but with National travel involved
Salary: £57,000 + Benefits
Benefits: Company car / car allowance, 10% bonus opportunity, company pension scheme, BUPA (couple cover), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), death in service (4 times salary)
Our client is a national Facilities Management company and due to a major new contract win with a highly respected national Blue-Chip retailer our client is looking to recruit a National Refrigeration Operations Manager. This is an immediate vacancy
This is a key position in supporting the National Manager in leading the refrigeration teams in the delivery of reactive and planned maintenance and technical assistance to all maintenance teams. This role will also depend on your ability to manage regional supervisors and client relationships.
You will ensure good working relationships are maintained and built upon. The role is responsible for effectively managing the refrigeration teams to ensure reactive and planned works are completed to the highest standard and adhere to all regulatory standards. This role will also be responsible for overseeing all technical standards within the operational field.
A requirement to assist in the support of training and technical requirements will be required. All work will need to be completed in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the laid-down Company Health and safety policy
Key responsibilities include:
* Leading and driving the completion of all mandatory Evolve on-line training modules.
* Providing technical support and coaching to refrigeration supervisors and engineers.
* Supporting the National Manager on all technical, people and refrigeration process issues.
* Attending / holding meetings (in line with meeting schedule) with line manager and technicians to communicate
* Participate in the recruitment and selection process of refrigeration supervisor vacancies.
* Actively promoting the refrigeration training ethos throughout the region, organising technical training events and providing suitably qualified coaches and mentors as and where necessary, e.g. training in new techniques or using the latest equipment.
* Overseeing the development and enhancement of the refrigeration PPM tasks and improvements to service delivery, making recommendations and presenting new solutions to senior management as necessary.
* Representing the company in a professional manner at all times and develop a good working relationship with the refrigeration supervisors and client employees.
* Ensuring that all sites are covered for maintenance services, including reactive and PPM.
* Ensuring under performance on KPI’s is understood and action plans are in place to drive improvement.
* Completing specified reports and compliance documentation and acting on any issues raised.
* Auditing FM documentation and action on any non-compliance issues.
* Regularly communicating with the customer on all FM activity.
* Providing refrigeration technical support to the National Manager as required, e.g. advice regarding trading projects or major operational issues.
* Sponsoring and completing refrigeration surveys, bulletins, and technical reports as necessary and to cascade all key data to relevant personnel throughout field operations.
* Agreeing scope of works, authorising final sign-off of refrigeration new store installations, renewals and major refurbishments.
* Identifying and delivering business development opportunities within the budget to fund additional services to the customer.
* Managing all capital plans and projects jointly with the Customer and designated Manager, ensuring they are completed to specification and within budget to optimise value and service levels.
* Managing a technical team consisting of refrigeration supervisors and engineers.
* Training, developing and appraising refrigeration supervisors to ensure they lead and motivate their own teams.
Candidates background and qualifications:
C&G 2079 handling refrigerants
C&G / HNC or time served equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline, factory services or a similar but related subject.
Ideally City and Guilds 2381 17th Edition
Experience with ammonia-based refrigeration is preferable
Ability to maintain and repair a range of electrical and mechanical equipment, e.g. fans, pumps and compressors
A working knowledge of the maintenance service within the FM industry is essential, with previous working knowledge of a multi-client contracted environment being desirable, and PPM and compliance background
Previous experience of effectively leading and managing a team is essential
Previous experience of developing client relationships at a senior level would be advantageous
Strong PC literacy, with experience in extracting, collating, and presenting performance data along with a good understanding of the Mercury system.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Excellent planning, organising, prioritisation, and project management skills
Strong results focus, takes accountability for own performance and that of the team
Effective problem-solving and decision-making
Highly flexible and self-starting. The role will have many challenges and a flexible approach will be needed.
Interested candidates should forward their CV to Daniel Murphy at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED
Salary: £57000/annum vehicle, pension, medical, bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Slough, Berkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.