Our client, a successful and well respected financial services organisation based in Leicestershire, are currently recruiting for a Mortgage Underwriter. This is an office based role where you will be responsible for providing an efficient and professional mortgage underwriting service to customers and intermediaries.
* Reviewing and assessing mortgage applications (including standard residential, buy to let and self-build) in accordance with Lending Policy and criteria
* Assessing and verifying supporting documentation: identification, credit reference agency searches, proof of income, bank statements, accounts, valuation reports etc.
* Communicating with mortgage applicants, employers, accountants, Mortgage Advisors, Brokers, Surveyor etc. throughout the mortgage application process
* Preparing and presenting mortgage applications for underwriter/mandator review and approval
* Preparing and issuing mortgage Offer (post approval)
* Supporting the progression of pipeline mortgage applications and provide guidance, experience, assistance, and support to the Mortgage Assessors in relation to unusual or non-standard mortgage applications
* Providing feedback to the Head of Lending Operations regarding training requirements for Mortgage Assessors and contributing to the planning and preparation of such training
* Assisting the Head of Lending Operations and Senior Underwriters in preparing, reviewing and maintaining procedure manuals and guides in respect of the Group Lending activities
* Assessing Decision in Principle referrals
* Mandate authority up to £200,000 on certain mortgage categories
* Checking mortgage Offers prior to issue
* Releasing funds approval for mortgage completion
The successful candidate will have: –
* Previous manual mortgage underwriting experience
* Ideally CeMap qualified
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.