Rapidly expanding company, family run business, excellent salary and progression opportunities!
Our successful client are looking for an experienced merchandiser to join their team.
They are an independent family owned local business based in St Albans. They offer quality products and a traditional service as well as a multi channel offering and they supply into 500 schools across the UK.
You will be joining an experienced and growing team in a busy and varied role where your forecasting skills will be key.
* Dealing with all back order and replenishment requests accurately and promptly to ensure the required levels of stock are available for transfer in good time
* Understand seasonal trends to forecast accurately whilst taking into account supplier lead times and potential upcoming sales events
* Limiting potential stock issues and phasing accurately to avoid over/ under stocks
* To have the ability to react to changes in demand and logistics
* Raising manual orders where required
* Monitoring new schools sales closely and logically top up ordering to meet predicted demand
* Understanding the sales trends to manually fine-tune automated forecasts
* Maintaining good relationships with suppliers, branches, colleagues and other internal departments
* Maintain up to date knowledge of suppliers prices, promotions, and products and making sure the system is up to date
* Providing up to date information for customer services, branch management and deal with all queries and complaints in a professional manner
* Ensure returns are carried out within the required time frame and all the necessary paperwork is completed
* Confirm orders will arrive within our agreed supplier lead time and chase up any orders which have exceeded their delivery date and update the system accordingly
What the client are looking for:
* Minimum of 12 months experience gained within a Merchandising role
* Highly numerate with excellent forecasting skills and experience
* Able to plan forward and rationalise previous performance
* You will be working to tight deadlines and work well under pressure
* Resilient and able to work in a team environment
* Analytical and computer literate (a thorough understanding of Excel is a necessity as majority of work is spreadsheet based)
What’s in it for you?
* Salary: £29.5k
* Rapidly expanding company
* Family run business
* Fantastic training and progression opportunities as the company continues to grow
Hours: Monday to Friday 9 -5.30
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.