Moxie People are supporting a leading Housing Association and Mental Health charity in Pontypool to recruit for a newly created Mental Health Inclusion Coordinator role on a temporary contract until 31st March 2021.
Thousands of elderly people feeling cut off from society and suffering from loneliness in Wales. This is your chance to help older people living in sheltered housing to get more out of life!
As the Mental Health Inclusion Coordinator, you will take the lead on delivering the project by thinking of creative ways to improve older people’s mental health and wellbeing. You will engage and empower them to acquire the digital skills needed to stay connected with external services, family and friends and make life easier for themselves.
Furthermore, you will…
* Work with teams across the housing association to identify individuals who are isolated and/or interested in improving their digital skills.
* Identify and create effective working partnerships with stakeholders and community members to maximise engagement opportunities.
* Working with partners, develop a wide range of digital activities and volunteering opportunities that have been identified by and appeal to older people and explore other creative options for participation.
* Develop tailored plans to help participants explore areas of interest and gain news skills and connections
* Develop an approach to the project that includes one to one support and digital activities for individuals and groups.
As well as the reward of helping older people get more out of life, you will receive a generous £14.00-£14.50 salary and will have the chance to work from your own home.
To be considered for this Mental Health Inclusion Coordinator role you will have…
* A background of either community development or working with older people.
* Experience of working with partner organisations to deliver workshops, activities or projects.
* Experience of writing reports and collecting performance information.
* Experience delivering digital skills training would be advantageous, but not essential.
To apply for this Mental Health Inclusion Coordinator role, please submit your CV via the application link.
For more information on this role or to find out about similar roles Moxie People are recruiting for in social housing, contact Rich Thomas today.
Salary: £14 – £14.50/hour
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Pontypool, Torfaen County Borough
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.