We are recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to join an established production company based in the Thatcham area.
The company is a leading heavy industry manufacturer with £3million recently invested in machinery
Your key responsibilities will be to provide Mechanical Maintenance support alongside your electrical opposite on shift.
Duties will include:-
– Ensuring performance of all production machinery.
– Prompt attendance to machinery failures / breakdowns which will include fault finding on mechanical systems, hydraulics & pneumatics, gearboxes, Motors, bearings etc.
– PPM’s which will be planned in to your daily responsibilities
– Continuous Improvement activities; spotting areas of the site and manufacturing area’s to improve, creating solutions and implementation including project based work.
– Adherence to H&S on site. The company has strict health & safety guidelines and adherence to these are paramount
– The successful candidate will be a qualified Mechanical engineer and will have preferable gained at least C&G or NVQ mechanical qualifications.
– Your experience will be gained from an automated, production environment but specific industry is open.
– You will be a logical thinker, with an autonomous approach to resolving issues and faults, a self-starter with the ability to prioritise urgent or non-urgent work. You must be a team player with sound interpersonal and enjoy being part of a small close-knit team.
– You MUST be able to demonstrate a good awareness of H&S and be knowledgeable of how this would be applied in a manufacturing environment including a “Lock Off / Tag Out” system.
Shift Pattern: Panama shift pattern (3’s & 2’s) incorporating days & Nights 12 hrs
Salary circa £36,000 + Opportunity for overtime when off-shift
Holidays: 18 days holiday (due to shift rotation)
This position will suit candidates with the previous titles of: Mechanical Technician, Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Technician, Shift Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Production Support Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Production Technician,
Salary: £36000/annum Contributory Pension, Death-in-Service, Overt
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.