The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, electronic warfare, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
They are looking for Principal Mechanical Engineer to design, develop and lead a team within their Electronic Warfare products category.
* Perform mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software with a “Hands on” approach.
* Provide team Leadership with effective communication.
* Manage and Deliver innovative, optimised engineering solutions.
* Manage own elements of the engineering work package.
* Deliver design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
* Support visits and meetings at UK sites and suppliers when required.
* Engineering design and development – process of delivering products and associated key milestones.
* Problem solving and simultaneous engineering – structured, logical approach to investigate issues and solve problems in an effective cross-function
* Mechanical Engineering industry trends – knowledge of new and advancing tools, techniques and technologies.
* Experience with thermal management would be beneficial.
* Knowledge and understanding of various additive manufacturing technologies.
* Chartered Engineer registration with a recognised organisation IMechE / RAeS / IED / IET.
* Mechanical Engineering design and development – process of delivering products and associated key milestones.
* Appreciation of Systems Engineering approach
* Appreciation of Project Management Fundamentals.
* Understanding of ERP, PLM and PDM systems (Teamcenter, Windchill and SAP experience would be beneficial).
* Business awareness – understanding of fundamental business principles, drivers and key customers.
* Preliminary (Sizing) Structural analyses, including modal (Hand calculations and FEA)
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines – our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.