We have an exciting opportunity for an M&E Project Manager for a global contractor, in London who specialise in the construction of major buildings and infrastructure in more than one hundred countries.
This is a 12 month contract starting 5th October 2020.
As M&E Project Manager you be leading the Project delivery team on the North London Heating and Power Project – working on the 2nd Phase of the redevelopment of an energy waste power plant. This role which will include major sewer works, will involve the development of the integrated design with the clients designers and PTS, and the construction and commissioning of the new waste and fuel preparation facilities on site.
You MUST have previous complete project cycle experience – from the design and delivery to the testing and commission – having worked on similar waste and energy projects including a full understanding of process plant odour and effluent control.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Previous experience as a Project Manager leading a large team and delivering a project or managing a substantial section within a complex major project.
* You must display enthusiasm, passion, and confidence combined with an open communication style and be comfortable leading presentations, team briefings, chairing meetings on site.
* Demonstrates visible and pro-active leadership style with clear commitment to safety, quality, and environmental issues
* Have a full understanding of contract mechanisms, and contemporary cost and programme data, and able to communicate the project financial and contractual position through written reports and in CVR meetings
* Understands and is able to work with the clients systems and processes, and put an effective information management system in place
* Involved and able to guide decision making to ensure that decisions taken on the project are robust and meet project goals and objectives. Understands risks and evaluates options for mitigation and control.
* Able to identify where cost and value can be managed for the overall benefit of the project.
* Able to build strong working relationships with Client, Partners, Supply Chain and project staff and plan a diary to make time to meet, discuss and resolve issues through regular dialogue.
* Be able to organise time and prioritise actions to be visible and present where needed e.g. possession weekends/supplier events/safety breakfasts
* Understands the clients corporate strategy and priorities, and the relationship of the project and its team to them.
Qualifications and Certificates
* CSCS – Gold or Black expected
* C&G Parts 1 and 2 electrical installation (Optional)
* NVQ level 6 (Or Higher)
* HND/ Degree (Preferred)
Professional Membership: Desired – Relevant professional body – CIBSE, IET, IMECH, etc.
* Competitive salary – £300- £325 per day
* Long term project – 12 months work
* Weekly Pay
* Location – London
To apply for this role please send you CV through the website to Hazel Baron
Salary: £300 – £325/day Weekly Pay
Job Type: Contract, Temporary
Location: N18, Edmonton Green, Greater London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.