At Warburtons, family is at the heart of our business. Five generations’ worth of expertise that goes into making our bakery products allows us to continue a tradition of baking inherited over the past 141 years.
Warburtons is the largest bakery brand in the UK, but that doesn’t allow us to rest on our laurels. We are pioneers of the industry and ambitious market leaders, always seeking to challenge ourselves and convention. It is part of our philosophy to provide honest good sense on issues of health and well-being, helping the whole family to enjoy our products as part of a healthy, balanced diet, through a range of products to suit all meal occasions, lifestyles and tastes.
As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,000 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Are you a Manufacturing Excellence Manager or CI Manager with a background in Operational Continuous Improvement within a fast-paced manufacturing environment and looking for your next challenge?
We have a fantastic opportunity in this newly created role to join our Management team in London and the South-East to develop and deliver the Manufacturing Excellence strategy across the operational activities of Enfield manufacturing. Working directly for the General Manager you will work with a team of Industry experts, to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels. This role will set the standards, tone and status of Continuous Improvement and Manufacturing Excellence across London and the South East in partnership with our national Manufacturing Excellence team.
The Manufacturing Excellence Team are dedicated to executing best practice and innovation throughout the UK bakery network, there will be an element of travel required with this role.
Key Accountabilities and Measures
It’s a great time to join Warburtons, we are fully committed to our continued investment in new product development across our significant product range.
As part of our continuous improvement strategy, our Manufacturing Excellence Manager will be responsible for defining a clear strategy on site for the continued improvement of the Manufacturing Excellence program. This role will be an integral part of the delivery of the CI delivery strategy utilising Autonomous Maintenance (TPM).
With a passion for Continuous Improvement you will be able to forge solid relationships and engage with cross-functional stakeholders within national Bakery network and the leadership team at site. You’ll be able to identify projects which will deliver benefits in both cost and capacity across the estate.
As a member of the senior team you will be a confident communicator and experienced in leadership and people management in a fast-paced FMCG business.
As our Manufacturing Excellence Manager you will be accountable for ensuring lean manufacturing processes are followed, optimising best practice on all sites benchmarking key metrics and improving operating efficiencies.
At Warburtons we get involved, from Bakery to Board room we take accountability therefore this role will encompass your own analysis, creating and building on supplier relationships, finding the solutions through to the implementation of those improvements. We are looking for someone with a background in engineering who has a passion for driving change.
You will be responsible for creating various project business case scenarios to ensure a positive uplift in plant performance and creating cost efficiencies. Working with our site team you will deliver the Strategy strands for them to own and implement as part of their site strategy, working through Engineering, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality and our People Team. Our Manufacturing Excellence Manager will be setting the future standards for the business.
You’ll be able to coach and influence senior leaders within the operational site team to enable the very best support for Engineering Strategy delivery by ensuring a clear understanding of new processes and technology.
We never compromise on Health & Safety or Quality therefore you will be responsible to drive our Health and Safety strategy, legislation and company standards in all project work as a priority.
* You will have experience at Senior Manager level with significant leadership and people management experience
* A leader, with experience of creating and implementing strategic plans
* We would like you to have proven operational and CI experience to include the delivery of a CI strategy
* Experienced in Engineering within an FMCG environment
* Broad Experience of systems including SAP, interpretation of data and identifying trends
* Used to managing and delivering large multiple capital expenditure projects. Ensuring that time, cost, quality and scope are adhered to.
* Demonstrable experience of positively applying RCM, FMECA, TPM techniques to improve plant performance whilst optimising cost of ownership.
* We work in a 24/7 fast paced environment therefore we will need you to be flexible in your approach and fully mobile across the UK
* Awareness of latest technology and engineering techniques applicable to drive efficiency improvements and ensure Best Practice
* Be influential, articulate and persuasive, a relationship builder- establishing credibility with both internal and external contacts at all levels
* Possess an Engineering Qualification such as HND, HNC, BEng or equivalent
* Competitive Base salary and Company Car or Allowance
* A slice of the annual profits
* Award winning pension plan
* Family time is important to us as it will be to you, in addition to your usual annual holiday entitlement, you will have the option to purchase an additional five days holiday per year
* Private Medical Insurance
* Life assurance
* Discount vouchers and fresh products we think you’ll love!
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.