You will join us as a Maintenance Worker where you will provide a repair and maintenance service and carry out general site support duties.
Maintenance Worker Responsibilities:
– Provide a repair and maintenance service to police premises. This may include some sourcing, pricing and purchasing of materials for repair and maintenance work.
– Monitor the efficient day-to-day operation of on-site mechanical and electrical systems e.g. boilers and ventilation systems, generators, compressors and security gates.
– Carry out periodic testing of emergency and security systems, emergency lighting and fire alarm systems.
– Provide information to contractors on site in relation to the location of all electrical and mechanical plant and related equipment. To monitor contractors working on site to ensure that Health & Safety at Work Regulations are observed at all times. Report any concerns promptly to supervisor.
– Assist with the porterage, transportation and delivery of supplies, furniture, equipment and property. Provide logistical support for external events.
– Assist with office relocations/movement.
– To keep site yard and outside surrounding areas, including car parks, in a clean and tidy condition and to maintain and keep in good order all garden areas.
Maintenance Worker Requirements:
– Willingness to successfully undertake relevant Health & Safety training, i.e. Manual Handling/COSHH.
– Comprehensive working knowledge of plumbing, painting/decorating, carpentry and electrical work, ideally gained from a trade background.
– Ability to undertake physical demanding activity.
– Good communication skills.
– Flexibility regarding working hours and locations.
– Holder of current driving license.
– Initiative and self-motivation.
– Candidates must be able to demonstrate a level of awareness of diversity and equality issues appropriate to this role.
About Northamptonshire Police:
Northamptonshire Police’s purpose is Fighting Crime, Protecting People. Come and join us!
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent.
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: £19,451 to £20,704 per annum
You may have experience of the following: Maintenance Worker, Maintenance Operative, Caretaker, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Assistant, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager, Facilities, Grounds Worker, Carpenter, Decorator, Plumber, Health & Safety, DIY, Estates Management, Facilities Management, etc.
Salary: £19451 – £20704/annum
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.