We are looking to recruit a Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our clients management team to lead, develop, improve and execute lean manufacturing and continuous improvement activities processes with the focus on lean manufacturing implementation, process standardisation and the reduction of variation and elimination of waste non-value-added activities in the business.
– Develop, train and implement lean manufacturing and best practice tools and techniques across all production areas.
– Standardise, document, train and audit manufacturing processes and methods.
– Lead and facilitate manufacturing problem solving activities.
– Validate new products and design changes in manufacturing.
– Identify and execute manufacturing cost down, efficiency and effectiveness improvements
– Support in the training and development of new personnel and the team to ensure they have the right skill set to meet the needs of the business.
– Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system by all team members.
– Provide timely feedback to managers on any quality, technical, and or delivery issues that arise.
– Work to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
– Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring the team always maintain a clean, tidy and organized working environment.
– Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
– Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by the team members.
Core Skills required:
– 2-3 years` experience of working as Lean Implementation Continuous Improvement Engineer in a product design, manufacture and supply environment.
– Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
– Proven leadership ability, supporting individual, team and organisational change, keeping the organisation`s vision, mission and values at the forefront of decision-making and action, willing to collaborate with others.
– Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
– Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with internal external teams, stakeholders and customers.
– Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture and understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques (5S TPM Std Work Line Balancing)
– Strong effective decision making, organisational, time management, communication and IT skill.
– Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities.
– Full and current UK driving license
In return you will receive:
– Full time permanent position
– Upto £35,000 Per annum depending upon experience
– 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
– Great family run company who look after there staff
Salary: £30000 – £35000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.