Daytime Healthcare are recruiting for a friendly, enthusiastic, experienced and committed Lead ScrubTheatre Practitioner to join a fantastic team of staff in the Operating Theatre Department of a private hospital in Windsor, Berkshire.
This is a permanent full time position, covering a flexible shift pattern including long days and night shifts.
Deliver safe quality care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care. To lead and manage a team, coordinating staff training needs and resource requirements within a peri-operative function or surgical specialty.
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
* Post-registration qualification relevant to functional specialty i.e. Advanced Scrub Practitioner or Surgical First Assistant qualification [for scrub leads].
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course. Approved / recognised anaesthetic course. ILS.
* Mentorship qualification
* Functional skills level 2 evidence. Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
* Significant post-registration experience within a high acuity specialty.
* Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations
* Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment.
* Previous experiencing managing and leading a clinical team.
Lead Scrub Nurse Duties:
* Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the surgical procedure, during and pre wound closure in line with policy.
* Ensuring that all swab, instrument and needle counts are conducted and documented
* SFA/SCP refer to relevant role profile if practitioner is trained and competent to undertake the role
* Ensure that the highest standards of clinical quality management is maintained to promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of patients, employees and visitors.
* Daily visible management of the department by managing direct reports in line with HR Policies and Procedures at all times, including performance management, and bi-annual appraisals recruitment and absence management, health and safety.
* To ensure within the department staff identify, plan, implement and evaluate the care/service, ensuring efficient service is maintained.
* To contribute to the development of a dynamic departmental business plan which supports the hospital and corporate strategy, which is integral to departmental and inter departmental service delivery.
* Achievement of set objectives as outlined by Clinical Services Manager
If you are a Senior Scrub Nurse looking for the next step in your career then apply today to secure a quick interview!
Salary: £40000 – £42000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Windsor, Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.