Network Rail – Lead Internal Auditor – IRC(phone number removed)
Vacancy Type: Permanent, Full-time. There are three roles available.
Location: These roles can be based at either Milton Keynes (The Quadrant: MK) or London Eversholt Street. Please note that, should you opt for Milton Keynes, it is a requirement of the role to live within a 90 minute commute of the office.
Closing date: 22nd February 2021. On occasion, should we receive a high volume of applications, we may need to close the advert early.
Band & Salary: 3C, £51,156 – £57,551.
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain’s best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do.
We believe that investing in our people is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. To learn about the benefits we offer please click here.
About our Internal Audit team
A watertight governance and controls framework is key to protecting the organisation’s assets, reputation and value, making Network Rail Internal Audit (NRIA) an important catalyst for creating confidence amongst all of Network Rail’s stakeholder communities inside and outside the organisation. Whilst we have responsibility to be the eyes and ears of the Board, we are committed to being as supportive as we are objective, aligned to the same priorities and vision as our stakeholders. About the role
We are seeking three experienced audit professionals to join our Internal Audit team to assist in the development and delivery of operational audits. The ideal candidates will be inquisitive, want to be intellectually stimulated, and be driven to continuously improve and expand their knowledge and skills. You will have a good understanding of organisational risk and control frameworks and demonstrable experience in providing independent assurance over them. You will apply your expertise to complex business problems, and your previous experience may include assuring projects, operational processes and SHE related risks (safety, health and environmental).
These roles offer the opportunity for you to utilise your knowledge of best practice processes and emerging risks to develop and deliver an annual plan of audits and reviews with the support of the Internal Audit Manager. The Internal Audit team is utilising leading-edge tools and techniques to add value and insight and you will work with others across our team to integrate innovation into audit delivery. You will provide practical risk management, internal controls and process improvement solutions whilst gaining valuable experience and exposure working with a variety of senior stakeholders, with opportunities to grow your career in other parts of the business.
What will you be doing?
• Identifying significant risks to business objectives, processes, programmes and projects.
• Assessing the design, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls over risks.
• Performing appropriate audit tests over the controls identified for testing.
• Providing senior executives with recommendations to improve the quality of their control environments.
• Ensuring all audit work is fully documented within the Audit Management System in line with IIA Standards and the Network Rail Internal Audit Methodology.
• Lead the audit team on each assignment and review their work and deliverables.
• Coach, train and provide guidance to other members of the team.
• Assist in regular reporting activities (e.g. Business assurance committee, Audit action reporting, etc).
What attributes will help you succeed in this role?
• Able to establish personal credibility with senior stakeholders.
• Professional in conduct and able to demonstrate expertise.
• A track record of delivering internal audits and/or reviews that meet or exceed expectations, offer real insight into the business and add real value to business performance.
• Strong programme management and organisational skills; detail-oriented and ability to multitask.
• Ability to engage and collaborate effectively across different teams and multiple organisational levels.
• Passionate about finding logical and innovative solutions to complex or unusual problems.
• Plans and coordinates independently own workload and that of other team members.
• Meets deadlines, quality and risk objectives, taking appropriate action to address issues as they arise.
• Continuously builds and masters key technical, functional and professional skills.
• Encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing that impact performance of team members.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
• Experience in leading teams in global management consultancy or professional services firm, PLCs or large transport infrastructure bodies, with an audit or consulting background.
• An ability to utilise core risk and controls skills in a broad range of projects both in traditional internal audits and advisory projects aimed at assisting in the implementation of controls / improvements.
• Experience with risk-based auditing
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced work environment, consistently delivering quality work products to agreed deadlines.
• Genuine appreciation of the business benefits of internal controls and robust risk management.
• Professional individual who quickly establishes personal credibility and demonstrates expertise.
We would also like, but it isn’t crucial:
• Suitable professional qualification, e.g. Qualified Accountant – ACA, CIMA or ACCA, or IIA (or intention to complete).
• Experience and interest in the transport, infrastructure or rail industries.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Camden, Greater London
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.