Our client is a successful and growing organisation with manufacturing operations in the UK and Europe. It provides innovative solutions and supplies quality products partner to the printing, packaging and coatings industry. The product range covers a variety or water based and ultra violet curable coatings. They are now seeking a Laboratory Technician to join their team.
* To provide a quality control service to the Production Team to ensure that formulae are appropriately managed and to ensure that products are sampled for quality control prior to shipping to customers.
* In addition, to assist the Technical Manager with Research & Development in respect of formulation of new products and new or alternative raw materials.
* To work closely with colleagues, to maintain effective communication in a safe working environment.
* Assisting with the appropriate documentation relating to the TDS and formulation.
* In the absence of management the final decision with respect to batch to batch quality.
* Carrying out quality control for raw materials and finished goods.
* Maintenance of complete quality control records for manufactured goods and batch samples of finished products.
* Investigating any end-user customer product complaints.
* Ensuring that master standards are up to date.
* Regularly exchange information with the Technical Manager on industry developments and, under supervision.
* To share such developments or agreed solutions to product/customer problems with relevant employees in Europe.
* Liaise closely with the Admin and Production Teams to ensure exchange and flow of relevant information.
* Research and development of Hi-Tech product formulations based on customer feedback.
* Responding to customer enquiries and ensure associated records are filed accordingly.
* Research on new or alternative raw materials to evaluate their performance and cost effectiveness.
* Updating the material safety data sheets.
* Liaising with raw material suppliers.
* Chemistry or related degree level education.
* Relevant laboratory work experience (inks, paints etc) – even if only an industrial work placement or summer job.
* Able to demonstrate high accuracy and precision for formulating products, comparative testing, record keeping.
* Good verbal and written skills (clear verbal communications with colleagues on technical matters – writing up precise records for batch formulae and customer instructions for use and storage of finished products).
* Thorough, patient, methodical and logical.
* Structured approach to problem solving.
* Team Player, prepared to contribute to Team meetings and discussions.
* Collaborative style.
* Good awareness of or willingness to learn about relevant Health & Safety procedures for handling products. PPE and communicating product safety to others.
* Willing and able to travel to sister sites if required.
* Flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the business (occasional early start or later finish but usually with notice.
Working hours are 8am-5.30pm Monday -Friday, initial holiday 20 days/annum + bank holidays.
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemicals, Resins, Pigments, Coatings, Polymers, Pharmaceutical and Science based Industries.
Salary: £18000 – £22400/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.