Position Overview / Purpose:
This position will provide technical support for all users in the clients UK locations. Additionally, it will act as the local contact to monitor and troubleshoot data communications throughout Europe and the US. As part of a team, this position supports and provides cover for colleagues in France, Germany, and Italy.
* Providing an ‘IT helpdesk’ service to all UK users
* Monitoring, configuration and maintenance of servers and server hardware
* Administration of the virtual server environment
* Monitoring, configuration, and maintenance of the backup
* Management of the client environment and troubleshooting
* Ensuring system availability and rectifying faults
* Network management/monitoring and adjustment
* Provision and expansion of functions and services, user administration and access authorizations
* Implementation of error analysis and troubleshooting of various server systems
* Independent and proactive action to avoid potential hazards
* Further development of the existing system environment
Other duties as required
* Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
* Fix things that you can see need fixing
* Identify problems and find solutions
* Previous experience as an IT administrator/support role, with a focus on Windows 7/10 clients and Windows Server 2008 R2 – 2019.
* Expert knowledge of Windows servers and their roles (Active Directory, ADDS, file server, application server, WSUS)
* Expert knowledge of VMware v 6.5 – 7.0
* Expert knowledge handling of Backup with Veeam 9.5 – 10.0
* Expert knowledge of client computers
* Good knowledge of Office 365 and CAD
* Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL-Server
* Good knowledge of PowerShell and automation
* Basic Knowledge in the field of SCCM
* Basic Knowledge of CISCO
If you are interested in the role please apply by submitting your up to date CV.
Salary: £40000 – £46000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.