IT Services Sales Director (Public Sector) – c£90K-£120K / £180K-£240K uncapped OTE and excellent benefits.
Our client, are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; they think big and they hire great people. They are are more than just another IT services company – they are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in them and they’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, they want to meet you.
In the last two years, our client has grown its Public Sector footprint in the UK significantly with a number of major new customers coming onboard across Central & Local Government, Health, Bluelight, and Higher Education. To support and accelerate this growth, they are now seeking to hire an experienced Sales Director to work in their Public Sector team, focusing on expanding their footprint across Regional Government, to leverage existing relationships and references to open up new business opportunities.
The role will identify and work with new customers to understand their business challenges and demonstrate what solutions they can offer to resolve those issues. From custom development, through to IT managed services (application, database, infrastructure), collaborative and digital solutions through to advanced data analytics, their breadth of services and experience is significant. This enables the sales teams to offer a range of solutions to Public Sector customers right across the business.
The successful candidate will join a thriving team and will, as a key team member, be driving the next phase of growth within a defined vertical. You will work closely with the existing Public Sector team on a co-ordinated approach to maximise success for the company and drive market share across UK Government.
Principle accountability and responsibility will be to drive new business sales across their IT portfolio through:
* Identification of new opportunities to gain increased market share within a defined territory through market knowledge, relationships, frameworks and the company network.
* Work with the organisations technology partners and specialists (including Oracle, AWS, and Microsoft) to drive opportunity and revenue generation.
* Development of existing regional government customer base.
* Preparation and delivery of presentations and solution proposals and the active management of the full sales cycle.
* Tender preparation and response, including bid management, commercial modelling, and bid strategies engineered for success.
* Contract negotiation covering consulting services, fixed price application development, managed services contracts and license/hardware sales.
* Achieving or exceeding personal sales targets.
Experience & Skills
* Significant experience in new business sales in UK Government, preferably Local Government, Health, Police and/or Higher Education.
* Experience of successfully selling IT services/solutions (not exclusively software).
* Knowledge of UK Public Sector frameworks.
* Experience of successfully running large Government bids and formal competitive procurements.
* Experience of business development/sales processes, including the use of pilots, pre-sales, demonstrations, etc.
* A demonstrable understanding of the application development life cycle from envisioning to solution implementation to managed services.
* Strong strategic account planning, reporting and co-ordinating skills, knowing how and when to draw on pre-sales support and other assistance from within the team.
* A clear and demonstrable track record of sales with achievement of at least 3 out of the last 4 years on/exceeding target.
* Desirably educated to BA/BEng/BSc Hons degree level with a strong academic record or equivalent.
* Native-level fluency in spoken and written English
The role is for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a proven track record of success in the UK Public Sector. The role has a strong entrepreneurial flavour and will suit someone who has the drive to carve out their own niche while having the support of a successful sales and marketing engine, and wider business behind them – a self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal direction.
You will be an excellent communicator who knows how to engage and negotiate with senior level stakeholders in the Public Sector. You will have an excellent track record of selling IT solutions or managed services into the UK Public Sector.
* Customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Ability to work and collaborate productively across sales, marketing, sales support and customer delivery teams, even when under pressure.
* Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic individual with a “can-do” attitude.
Desirably a good understanding and experience selling IT solutions to Local Government, Health, Police and/or Higher Education, is highly desirable for this role.
Salary: £90000 – £100000/annum Uncapped OTE, Health, Pension
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.