Manpower are currently working with a nationally recognisable client in Coventry who are looking for 3 fixed term shift/line managers to support them through peak over Christmas & January on a 3 month initial term.
Hours & Salary
An 8 hour shift between (Apply online only), overtime available and paid.
£15.97ph, works out at a basic salary of £31,439 before overtime.
· Take action to resolve customer complaints where appropriate.
· Promote positive community action culture within work area & encourage individuals and teams to enter into voluntary community activities.
· Support own individual work area team members through mentoring and one-to-one coaching activity.
· Ensure that key targets are communicated to all employees with adequate feedback systems and employees are kept well informed of performance.
· Develop personal leadership style using feedback obtained through the process.
· Co-ordinate regular and direct communication activity of key messages impacting on work area, including team brief cascades.
· With support of existing Shift Manager regularly review effectiveness of work learning identifying opportunities to inject local relevance when preparing sessions in order to promote front line participation and involvement.
· Take an active role in the induction process for new entrants and job changes.
· Manage the Conduct Code and Attendance Procedure, in respect of own work area team.
· Ensure consistent application of business standards (individual performance, behaviour, uniforms etc) through direction and guidance.
· Resolve day-to-day accommodation and equipment issues.
· Co-ordinate planned maintenance with Property & Facilities help desk.
· Ensure work area compliance to the health and safety policy (including risk assessment), addressing day-to-day issues, and liaison with union H&S representatives.
· Co-ordinate implementation of work area plans, encouraging team to pursue change activity – regularly reviewing performance and progress against plans.
· Plan, negotiate and introduce new work plans by co-ordinating work area level revision activity in liaison with area planning support.
· Own contingency plans at work area level and implement as required.
· Co-ordinate & maintain manpower planning activity for work area, ensuring relevant and fully skilled resource is available to ensure automation is used to maximum capacity – taking into account traffic forecast & staff attendance.
· Take work area responsibility for delivery of national, or area initiatives.
· Support the management team in local planning and implementation of specific initiatives.
· Direct reports 25-50, 50 during peak periods.
Experience within the parcel/packing industry.
Shift Supervisor (1 Year)
Problem Solving individual
Strong Health & Safety knowledge
Hands on Supervisor as about 20% of the job will involve getting stuck in with the team.
Job Type: Contract
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.