Instrument Technician, Workington, Cumbria
Salary: £22,260 pa – with potential for some shiftwork (+10% allowance) with 12% uplift within 12 months, once competency shown
MacArthur Recruitment is looking for an Instrument Technician to work for a UK organisation in Cumbria, who are involved with hands-on engineering-focussed industries across nuclear, construction and defence. Development and promotion opportunities potentially available.
The purpose of this role is to support the Team Leader with the manufacturing unit in achieving plant operational targets, product quality, customer service and health & safety objectives. Responsible for attending to breakdowns throughout the shift and ensuring that plant down time is kept to a minimum. The right candidate will ensure all preventative maintenance is completed and followed up with any feedback to the maintenance Manager using the work pack job sheets.
Experience or background for the role of Instrument Technician:
• HNC or equivalent in Electrical / Control Engineering Discipline
• Experience working in a similar environment within maintenance
• Experience of maintaining and fault finding on CNC machine controls
• Conversant with all aspects of 3 phase and single-phase motor controls, inverter speed controls and overhead cranes
• Have good technical fault-finding attributes
• Preferably have 18th edition certification
Responsibilities of the Instrument Technician:
• Use appropriate process, technical and engineering skills to achieve manufacturing, quality and service targets within the team.
• To remove and install new electrical systems within the facility.
• Actively contribute to all team activities aimed at improving plant performance through implementation of continuous improvement and problem solving
• Suggest improvements to plant, process and operating procedures.
• React to process, engineering, quality and safety issues as they arise and initiate corrective action.
• Operate flexibility and safely – reporting to the team leader
• H&S awareness – take an active part in risk assessment/hazard identification for all operational activities and take account of appropriate COMAH regulations.
Why work for our client as a Instrument Technician?
• Variety of work and projects
• Salary : £22,260 pa (with 12% uplift within 12 months, once competency shown)
• Shiftwork 10% allowance – currently on day work
• 35 days holiday pa (incl BH)
• Further career development and training opportunities
• Positive working environment with a successful company
For more information, or to apply for the position of Instrument Technician, please contact Steph, ideally with a copy of your CV.
At MacArthur Recruitment we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We collect your information for the purposes of providing job-finding services only, and do not sell, rent or trade lists with other companies for marketing purposes.
We don’t collect cookies on our website, or use analytical tools to monitor visitor behaviour. We believe that if you want to get in touch with us, you will.
Any information you provide to us on your CV or via a job board is kept securely on our database and is shared with any potential employer only after you have given permission for us to do so.
Salary: £22260 – £24931/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Workington, Cumbria
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.