Job Overview: We have been retained by our client, an established plastic injection moulding manufacturer to appoint an Injection Moulding Technician to strengthen their team, working across 3 x recently acquired all-electric FANUC moulding machines; working a day role only.
* As an Injection Moulding Technician, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
* As an Injection Moulding Technician, you will be expected to ensure the continuous running of the machine at the optimum cycle time to produce quality products.
* The role of an Injection Moulding Technician is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time.
* You will be working with modern day injection moulding tooling, machines and automation including robotic End of Arm Tooling.
* For a proven Process Technician, this is an excellent opportunity to work secure a stable position within a forward-thinking company.
* To effectively and safely carry out tool changes in the injection moulding areas of the business
* To be able to work well within the technical injection moulding setting, processing & optimisation team
* To carry out tool and material trials, materials development & New Product Introduction.
* Basic machine maintenance and trouble shooting
* To ensure injection moulding processes can achieve targeted scarp and efficiency levels, on new and existing products.
* To drive continuous improvements ensuring product quality is maintained & good working practices are adhered to.
* Be responsible for the training and development of Setters & Technicians
* To liaise with all members of the department to ensure operations run smoothly
* To ensure Health & Safety rules are maintained with your own work area and demonstrate a duty of care to colleagues, visitors, contractors or anyone else on site.
* Previous Setting, Optimisation, Process experience within an injection moulding manufacturing environment is essential.
* 5 years minimum Injection Mould Setting experience
* IMT Level 2 Training minimum or equivalent
Key Words: “Injection Moulding Technician”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding”, “Process Technician”, “Process Engineer” “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Plastics”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements
Salary: £23000 – £30000/annum Dependant on skills, exp & IMT Lev
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Hexham, Northumberland
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.