HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER – CORPORATE SERVICES & MANUFACTURING & LOGISTICS DIVISION
“Excellent opportunity for CIPD qualified Generalist HR professional to join UK division of global plc.”
C£(phone number removed) + Car Allowance + Benefits
Location: West Midlands
Commutable from Walsall, Wolverhampton, Telford, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Shrewsbury, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Birmingham, Kidderminster, Stafford, Stone, Tamworth, Stoke on Trent, Droitwich, Redditch, Worcester, Coventry, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill
Our client, a division of a global plc, is a market leader in the specifications sales led manufacture and supply of mechanical security and service access solutions to the industrial and commercial sector. They are seeking to appoint a Human Resources Business Partner who will be based from our client’s head office in the West Midlands. You will also be required to travel to a manufacturing facility in the North West on a once per month basis. You will report to the Group HR Director.
This is a fantastic career development opportunity for a confident, self-motivated and ambitious HR generalist keen to take on a head office-based role within a growing business.
The HR Business Partner is required to deliver a comprehensive, high quality, proactive and value adding HR service to the business and its manufacturing, production and logistics facilities. The HR Business Partner will provide professional HR support to the site management teams, advising on a range of HR issues including employee relations, statutory/mandatory training plans, talent management, succession planning, supporting employee development, driving and supporting effective communications, employee engagement, performance management, dealing with disciplinary and grievance cases, managing sickness absence.
The HR Business Partner will also be part of a national HR team, working on a range of cross functional projects, and will be responsible for implementing and operationalising Group HR policies and initiatives throughout the business.
* Deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business and its manufacturing/production and logistics facilities, ensuring the effective application and full compliance with people policies, practices and procedures.
* Directly support the operational leadership with HR advice and coaching, being seen as a “trusted advisor”, able to objectively assess, influence and constructively challenge when necessary.
* Successful management of employee relations e.g. managing absence, disciplinary matters – conduct and capability, compliance, grievances.
* Drive effective performance management through the coaching of line managers on dealing with performance management issues.
* Responsible for providing the business with regular management information reports to support improvement of measures e.g. sickness, overtime.
* Delivery of appropriate contractual documents relating to terminations, appointments and employment variations through liaison with the HO HR function.
* Advising and supporting line managers on selection and recruitment decisions including the completion of the necessary recruitment requests, creation of job descriptions/person specification, management of vacancy advertising, selection process, and interview panel participation.
* Ensure that there is fairness and consistency in reward and benefits across the site in recruitment and promotions.
* Participating in training activities, encouraging and supporting staff in their training and development needs
* Undertaking safety and healthy duties commensurate with the job and working with Safety, Health and Environmental function to ensure site compliance.
* Support succession and talent planning in line with Group strategy.
* Responsibility for the administration of employee surveys and feedback processes
* Support the collation, analysis, and implementation of the annual training plan to ensure delivery against statutory and business requirements.
* Proactive in supporting safe working through Safety, Health and Environmental initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
* University degree educated in a relevant business or HR related subject (ideally but candidates with degrees in other subjects and relevant HR experience will also be considered)
* Qualified to/currently working towards CIPD level 5 as a minimum.
* HR Generalist experience gained within an industrial manufacturing unit or FMCG or engineering or possibly logistics environment
* Computer Literate in MS Office packages and use of Databases
* Excellent interpersonal skills. Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent Written & Verbal communication skills, including Report writing.
* Able to create a positive site team culture and demonstrate leadership and influence within the business.
* Able to think ahead and take action to ensure team skills and capabilities meet future business needs; understand the aspiration and potential of the teams and identify and develop potential.
* Strong capability to influence others, sell your own ideas by linking them to other people’s values, goals or ideas; willingly and confidently communicate issues and ideas to gain senior management support; sell the benefits behind decisions and changes.
* Able to build a positive team culture; build relationships with other teams across the business to share ideas, break down silos and maximise performance; must put the ‘company good’ before any individual ‘local gain’; must implement ideas to improve team dynamics and team spirit.
* Have a relentless desire and hunger to improve and innovate. Encourage the wider business to improve performance.
* Able to demonstrate confidence with a wide range of colleagues, stakeholders and shareholders; maintain confidence and stay calm during difficult situations; make decisions that will be unpopular whilst explaining the rationale for these.
* Flexibility with ability to adapt team approach in line with a more strategic perspective; take a proactive approach, to think ahead and across the business.
* Able to step back from a complex situation in order to gain a better understanding; understand the impact of problems and solutions on yourself and others; anticipate obstacles by solving the problem and to implement solutions.
* Will possess a full driving licence.
Our client offers excellent training and support and the opportunity to really make your mark in a fast paced, high performing and dynamic market leading environment. Career prospects are excellent.
To apply, please email your CV, quoting reference LX (phone number removed) for the attention of Roheela Khan Telephone (phone number removed) (url removed)
Keywords: CIPD, HR Advisor, HR Officer, HR Manager, HR BP, CIPD level 5, Human Resources.
Salary: £35000 – £40000/annum Car Allowance
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.