We are working on behalf of one of the UK’s largest and most respected cosmetic surgery providers, and currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for an Operational Lead for their private hospital in Bromsgrove.
Reporting directly to the Head of Hospital Operations, the Operational Lead provides strong operational management to ensure efficient patient throughput & the smooth running of the site on a daily basis. Leading and supporting departmental heads to ensure that each area of the hospital has clearly defined work programmes to support the diverse clinical services being delivered and multiple customer needs. Establishing robust systems and processes to capture; monitor and report management and governance data to enable the Head of Hospital Operations to make informed decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Operational Lead:
* Daily operational lead acting as a deputy for the Head of Hospital Operations as required.
* Work closely with the departmental heads on a daily basis to affect safe and timely patient flow to support the smooth running of the hospital.
* Identify and implement improved operating processes to maximise efficiencies where appropriate and to constantly improve the patient experience.
* Support the Head of Hospitals to implement new services; processes and procedures ensuring that the correct resources are in place to support all business development opportunities.
* Oversee the operational delivery of the governance work programme to ensure regulatory compliance at all times.
* Coordinate; lead and support hospital-based quality initiatives. Including the collection; monitoring and review of surgical outcomes; surgeon appraisal data; governance and quality data; patient satisfaction data; staff utilisation and efficiency data; compliance data to National Minimum Standards.
* In conjunction with the Head of Hospital Operations and departmental heads, investigate and respond to complaints or incidents that occur in or as a result of services provided within the hospital.
* Implement a programme of quality improvement which ensures lessons are continuously learned and the services are improved.
* Support and lead clinical staff to improve clinical care by encouraging reflective practice and adopting a research and evidence-based approach.
* Work closely with the Head of Hospital Operations to meet or exceed the budgetary requirements for the hospital.
* To ensure profit maximisation is achieved through effective management of: Staff; consumables and availability.
* Coordinate training and development strategies to deliver a competent workforce and ensure high standards of patient care and service delivery.
* Monitor and report attendance to mandatory training to ensure a compliant workforce.
* Assist in the recruitment and induction programme ensuring that all staff receives a comprehensive induction programme that contributes to a successful probationary period and staff retention.
* To participate in Individual Performance Appraisal and Clinical Supervision; ensuring the subsequent development and implementation of duties evolved from the process and self-development needs are fully implemented.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and registered Healthcare professional with knowledge of leading hospital departments and have excellent communication and management skills.
For more information on this position and to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris O’Brien at Dynamic Selection.
Salary: £40000 – £45000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: B60, Tardebigge, Worcestershire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.