Health Care Assistant / Care Worker
CAR IS ESSENTIAL
Reports to: Care Manager / Supervisor
Summary of position
To support each customer to remain living in their own homes for as long as they require.
To provide each customer with a high quality of care, that is respectful, dignified and
encourages independence whilst adhering to the customers care and support plan.
Document and report all relevant customer care information.
Duties and responsibilities
* To assist customers with all aspects of their personal care, including;
o Showering and bathing;
o Dressing and grooming;
o Toileting and incontinence;
o Teeth and dentures.
* To assist customers with all aspects of medication, including;
o Communicating with the pharmacy and pick up;
* To assist customers with all aspects of their meal preparation, including;
o Cooking and re-heating;
o Preparing and serving of meals;
o Preparing and clearing the table;
o Safe storage and infection control;
o Communicating with the customer and disposing of unsafe food.
* To support customers in the use of aids and personal equipment, including;
o Standing and walking frames;
o Manual and electric hoists;
o Sliding sheets and moving boards;
o Hearing aids and other physical aids.
* To support customers with home management, including;
o Hovering and sweeping;
o Washing and storing the dishes;
o Washing clothes and hanging them up;
o Making beds and changing the lining;
o Dusting and general tidying;
* To help in the promotion of a customer’s mental and physical activities, such as;
o Communication and engagement;
o Going out;
* To document and report all relevant customer information, including;
o Changes to a customer’s care;
o Emergency management;
o Family involvement;
o External health teams.
* To support a customer through temporary and terminal illness, including;
o End of life care;
o Hospital appointments;
o Personal care in bed;
o Community health support.
* To work as part of a team which includes;
o Take part in staff and customer meetings;
o Training activities as directed;
o To read and write reports;
* To comply with Connectiosn Care guidelines and policies at all times.
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be asked to undertake additional duties.
* Caring and empathic nature
* Self-motivated Previous experience as a care worker
* Good organisational skills Medication administration qualification
* Excellent communication skills – verbal,
* Good reporting skills both verbal and written Flexible approach to working
* Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
* Full UK drivers licence and car is essential for this position
* Willingness to undertake the companies
* policies and procedures
* Ability to act quickly in an emergency
* Clear understanding of good quality
* Clear DBS
* Class 1 business insurance (when using own car)
Own car essential
Full paid training/ongoing training given to all staff.
Contracted hours available.
Salary: £8.72 – £9/hour TRAVEL TIME PERFORMANCE BASED BONUS
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.