If you are looking for a career with a Care Home that supports its team members, look no further. Our client in Bognor is passionate about the care they provide their residents and is keen to recruit a like-minded Health Care Assistant.
To assist in the provision of care and work as part of the team
To achieve required standards.
To ensure residents retain their dignity and individuality.
To plan and implement and supervise the provision of quality care in conjunction with residents.
To maintain a safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES – Some of responsibilities may be delegated to other staff
* Ensure the highest possible standards levels of care are maintained by supporting and assisting residents, when required, with washing, dressing, toileting, undressing and all aspects of daily living.
* Assist residents in all aspects of their care needs.
* Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring residents retain their comfort and dignity.
* Assist in the delivery of care for residents dying or who have a progressive illness.
* Complete and observe care planning needs for residents and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
* Assist in the framework of social activities by interacting with residents and helping them to continue with hobbies and activities in the care home.
* Answer Nurse Call system, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
* Report on the well-being of the residents, and liaise with GPs, DNs etc. when required
* Carry out regular checks on residents at intervals determined by senior staff members
* Welcome visitors, in line with current COVID-19 policies and procedures.
* Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with the care home’s disposal of waste policy.
* Clean and maintain equipment used by the client/relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc.
* Ensure the care home is clean and tidy, in line with current COVID-19 policies and procedures
* If applicable care for the residents’ clothing and rooms as named and ensure that all clothing is recorded and clearly marked.
* Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for all, including the dying and the bereaved.
* Assist residents who need help during mealtimes (be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc.) Assist with the serving of food/drinks as requested and required. Wash up as required and requested.
* Provide maximum integrity in all dealings with client’s personal and financial affairs and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with residents.
* Ensure all holistic assessments are carried out when residents are admitted to the Home.
Salary: £9 – £9.01/hour
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bognor Regis, West Sussex
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.