Do you want to join the leading independent provider of utility networks?
BUUK Infrastructure know that our greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement – “To deliver consistently high-quality service to customers to earn their long-term loyalty to BUUK.”
GTC are part of a family of companies owned by BUUK Infrastructure group and we are currently recruiting for a Head of SHEQ to provide support and directional management of BUUK’s policies including Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental issues, and oversight of the Quality Management System throughout the BUUK group companies, including but not limited to; GTC, GUC, PoC, EPL&R and Metropolitan. This full time, permanent position is based at our office in Woolpit, Suffolk.
We are looking for someone with Senior Management experience of Health and Safety Management Systems and Experience on the management of Health & Safety within the Utilities Distribution sector. The incumbent must hold a suitable recognised Health, Safety or Environment qualification and preferably either a member or working towards membership of a relevant institution.
The incumbent must have had significant experience in similar work and therefore a working knowledge of current Legislation, Standards & Specifications, Codes of Practice and Recommendations relating to SHEQ including Construction Design & Management (CDM).
Training on our systems and the company will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and join a company that has been recognised as a Great Place to Work®.
Responsibilities will include –
* Support the development of BUUK Occupational HS&E management systems, policies and procedures
* Develop and ensure delivery of BUUK’s behavioural safety programme
* Develop and oversee the Company Quality Management System
* Attain/maintain accreditation to ISO18001, ISO14001 and ISO9001
* Advise BUUK Management and Directors on proposed occupational legislation and modify policies accordingly
* Propose annual occupational SHEQ targets
* Monitor and publish performance against targets
* Chair BUUK companies SHEQ Committees
* Support the investigation of BUUK internal High Risk Incidents and statutory reportable events
* Oversee the investigation and reporting of LTIs, Road Traffic Accidents, minor injuries and environmental incidents sustained at work
* Propose and support Occupational SHEQ training programmes
* Prepare reports to BUUK Board on Occupational SHEQ performance
* Oversee the audit of Occupational SHEQ compliance of BUUK companies using the ROSPA QSA system
* Oversee mandated industry regulatory and external registration requirements
Along with a rewarding working environment we offer a competitive starting salary, pension and life assurance. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus the opportunity to purchase more through our flexible benefits scheme), corporate perks (reduced cinema tickets and discounts at high street shops), wellbeing assistance (24-hour helpline and counselling service) and a social calendar with events taking place throughout the year. Our Woolpit office also has staff car parking and a subsidised restaurant available on site.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the Resourcing team on (phone number removed) for an informal discussion in confidence. Alternatively, you may email any questions through to our recruitment team, details can be found on our website.
Due to the current on-going Coronavirus pandemic, we understand there may be questions about working from home and our offices. BUUK and its group carefully monitor government guidelines and are proud to operate COVID secure offices.
We currently offer a mixture of office and remote working for positions where possible and are taking precautions to ensure all of our staff are safe. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss this further.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: IP30, Woolpit, Suffolk
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.