THIS JOB IS AN ACTIVE HIRE DESPITE THE CURRENT COVID-19 SITUATION
REMOTE ON-BOARDING AND WORKING REMOTELY IS IN PLACE
Our client is looking to appoint a Head of Market Intelligence who will be reporting to the Executive Director of International Markets. The Head of Market Intelligence will lead on the key elements of defence capability, and its contribution to the overall organisational output with a focus on specific international markets.
As Head of Market Intelligence you will be:
* Leading and managing a portfolio of important markets that includes:
* Managing and developing understanding of specific geographical regions (Europe and Middle East) and countries of strategic importance
* Providing stakeholders with informed and insightful briefing material
* Identifying potential capability themes that offer strong prospects for cooperation or export
* Specialising on a set of Market Intelligence inputs and outputs including:
* Research analysis on Market Drivers and Trends
* Market dynamics such as competitors, threat (geopolitical, military, regional/localized etc.) analysis
* Understanding and defining identified and potential markets, and articulating their potential opportunities
* Drafting ad hoc market reports as directed by the Executive Director International Markets
* MIC contribution to Responsive Interventions or ad-hoc UKDSC tasking
* Supporting the development and evolution of the UKDSCs unique Shared Information System
* Working closely with BEIS, DIT & MOD to engender a co-creation environment in support of the development of Country Strategies
* Identify and scope new projects with the Exec Director.
* Managing and developing a team of up to 3 research analysts
The ideal Head of Market Intelligence will have:
* Good knowledge of the Defence, security or related technical industries and in particular international markets.
* Proven skills in strategy, market development activity and market analysis.
* Proven experience of managing projects with multiple stakeholders (internal and external).
* Previous experience working closely with one or all of the following: with BEIS, DIT, Think Tanks or MOD
* Agile of mind with the capability to re-prioritise projects as determined by external stakeholders.
* Experience of working for a defence related Think Tank highly desirable
* Must be a UK citizen in order to achieve the required Security Clearance.
The Head of Market Intelligence position is based primarily in Farnborough but will require regular travel to London for stakeholder meetings, and there may be occasional international travel.
This is a Fixed Term Contract to 30th Sept 2020
Thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidates applying, if you have not heard back from us within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Job Type: Contract
Location: GU14, Farnborough, Hampshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.