RM Recruit are working with a Multi Academy Trust in the Birmingham region to recruit a Head of IT for their growing team
They are currently working to standardise their approach to IT across all of their academy sites. The Head of IT will develop a long term strategy that enables each academy to move from individual institutions to utilising the benefits of a centralised IT function. The Trust are looking to appoint a dynamic and solutions focused individual with an ability to lead and manage a multi-site team.
We are seeking candidates who can strategically focus on upskilling, training and developing through mutual respect with Academy Heads, Business Managers and IT Technicians. The successful candidate will have experience of leading and managing a team and proven acumen of communicating a newly defined IT strategic plan across a diverse audience.
Ideally you will have previously worked in a Multi Academy Trust environment with exposure to sector common systems such as SIMS and PSF. Whatever your sector background you must have experience in a similar role in a multisite organisation.
Your remit will include:
* Setting standards and guidelines for how academies conduct digital strategy development and planning
* Establish and maintain the policies for compliance with the organisation’s obligations (including legislation, regulatory, contractual and agreed standards/policies), holding the IT management team to account
* Leading on the establishment of an IT procurement programme to ensure academies deliver first class education standards
* Development and implementation of a continuity management plan
* The creation and subsequent implementation, delivery and support of an information security strategy aligned to the strategic requirements of the Trust
* Implementing a new IT Service Management standard through an agreed SLA
* Maintaining operational methods, procedures and facilities in assigned area of responsibility and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency
This post will be subject to a full DBS check.
Salary: £48000 – £50000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.