Our client is looking for an outstanding candidate with strong technical and communication skills and a passion for problem solving and driving business value using Data and AI.
This role is a key part of the Senior Management Team and will help shape the company strategy for delivery of an innovative insight search and discover platform designed to identify fraud, discover new business opportunities, and provide data-centric insights within organisations.
Key Tasks and Duties
• Building and leading a team of software developers, data engineers, and data scientists as well as developing and mentoring engineering managers.
• Working with others in the company to develop and deliver on our product strategy and product development activities.
• Working with the CTO and principal engineering team to refine and implement the technical architecture, delivery and release processes, monitoring systems, and technical roadmap.
• Driving improvements in performance and effectiveness of the team and regularly reporting key metrics to the Senior Management Team.
• Communicating the operational strategy, tactics and direction of the Company to the engineering team, ensuring employee alignment with Company goals.
• Developing an engineering culture which focuses on delivery and innovation as the business scales
• Provide structured feedback and feed into software development review process.
• Contributing to specifications, proposals, tenders, SOW, technical and business reports, and customer presentations.
• Experience in building software products using modern practices and technologies including cloud-native architectures; continuous integration, deployment, and release; automated testing and quality assurance; iterative product development.
• Software development experience at principal level or equivalent.
• Experience growing, developing, and retaining a high-quality engineering team and managing team leads.
• Experience in leading a high-performing product engineering team.
• Experience improving the quality and velocity of delivery in an organisation.
• Ability to clearly describe technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Direct experience of managing significant budgets.
• Experience in creating, monitoring, and reporting to drive continual improvement.
• Deep understanding of leadership and management processes.
• Ability to lead and motivate as well as communicate effectively at all level.
• Experience with data modelling and architecting in PostgreSQL.
• Experience with designing cloud-based data solutions or products including using object stores (S3), containerised services (ECS/EKS), managed database systems (RDS), FaaS (Lambda), authorisation (Cognito), and serving web-applications.
• Experience in providing software solutions or services based on a software product.
• Experience using machine learning within production systems.
Specialists in data integration, machine learning, AI, in-depth analytics and visualisations, our client offers complete end-to-end solution capability leveraging connected technology and data analysis to deliver better insights and outcomes for customers.
You will be joining a dynamic and innovative company at an exciting time in its growth. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
• Flexible holidays and 30 days annual leave (including public holidays).
• Up to 10 days annually of additional unpaid leave.
• Flexible working around core hours.
• Share options.
• Pension scheme.
• Choice of private health insurance scheme or gym membership.
• Opportunities to invest in your development, be it courses, books, exams or conferences.
• Support for personal charitable time.
• Weekly knowledge sharing presentations and regular company outings.
• Monthly acknowledgement of outstanding staff and regular celebrations of company success.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE FREE TO WORK IN THE UK FREE FROM THE RESTRICTIONS OF VISA’S AND WORK PERMITS.
Exposed Solutions is acting as an employment agency to this client.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, sexuality, race or religion and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age sex, sexuality, race or religion for this role.
Salary: £65000 – £75000/annum
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.