Hazard Evaluation Scientist
£Competitive Salary DOE
Do you have a chemical PhD and experience assessing process safety in a chemical environment?
Or are you a PhD graduate with technical expertise in this area.
A company in Cramlington are looking for someone with this knowledge to provide technical expertise on process safety related matters, specifically thermal stability and chemical reaction hazard assessment
You will be responsible for ensuring that chemical processes are properly assessed for process safety hazards
The Hazard Evaluation Scientist role provides to support projects at both our UK and US sites.
Working as part of a small, lab-based team, You will work closely with process development colleagues (R&D chemists, engineers, plant personnel, project managers & other Hazard Evaluation scientists) in identifying potential reactive hazards and the establishment of process control solutions.
The core of your work will involve laboratory testing e.g. thermal stability screening, adiabatic calorimetry, reaction calorimetry, dust explosion testing, emergency relief evaluation, as well as data evaluation and literature review to support hazard your evaluations.
You will prepare reports based on your experimental results and communicate recommendations to project teams.
You will have:
* Experience in performing assessments of chemical process hazards, evaluating results, and reporting recommendations.
* Ideally a PhD in Chemistry.
* You will have good working knowledge of laboratory testing techniques e.g., thermal stability screening or reaction calorimetry.
* You will need to be persuasive and have proven experience dealing with internal and external stakeholder groups, as well as managing multiple priorities.
* Ideally you will have worked in a highly regulated-industry.
Some overseas travel required
Salary on application
Please apply with your Cv via the apply button.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cramlington, Northumberland
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.