An excellent opportunity for a Quality Engineer with some experience in the manufacturing/engineering sector to join a progressive, multi award winning business which offers an exceptional working environment and a positive and supportive working culture and ethos. Based at the company’s corporate HQ, and reporting to the Head of Quality, the position will work inside the friendly 8 person QA team.
This position is responsible for document control functions including externally provided and internally generated. You will participate and lead Quality Assurance audits, monitoring functions within the plant and assist the Quality Assurance Managers in the management of the quality management system in order to assure compliance with Company and regulatory policies, procedures and specifications. You will develop and lead quality assurance improvement programs for continuous improvement, manage the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
Key duties include:
* Administration of customer complaints
* Participate in the Internal Auditing Program designed to ensure compliance with established standards to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
* Facilitate the Specification Management System including regular audits of the system.
* Develop, implement, and conduct training programs to increase Quality Assurance skills across the business.
* Participate in the continuous improvement program.
* Assist in the management of the Corrective/Preventative action system.
* Lead Risk Assessment activities related to suppliers, hardware, designs and processes.
* Recommend policies, procedures and standards to leverage best practices and standardized business processes across the company.
* Assist in preparation for regulatory audits utilizing required tools.
* Participate in the “First Product Run//Gold Seal” process, generating reports to demonstrate compliance and conformance to engineering requirements.
* Participate in the “Tool Proof Sample” process, reviewing reports and approval as appropriate.
ONC/HNC/Degree or equivalent qualified in a Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics discipline you should have Quality Management System and auditing experience, and have knowledge of supplier Quality Management system application.
Knowledge and utilisation experience of statistical analysis tools also important, together with document control systems knowledge.
Self motivated, positive and enthusiastic, you are an adept problem solver capable of implementing corrective action plans. You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and suppliers. You should be proficient in Microsoft Office and experienced in ISO9001; familiarity with PPAP and APQP advantageous. You should be willing to travel overseas very occasionally.
Salary: £25000 – £26000/annum +Bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Harlow, Essex
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.