Starting Salary £21,000. Permanent position.
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.
We are looking for an experienced Goods In Operative to work in our client’s busy warehouse. Being obsessively tidy while remaining fast is a requirement! The right applicant will have strong goods in experience already and will have used IT based warehouse systems. The job can be VERY demanding during our busy periods. You would be responsible for managing the in-bound process of receiving goods and materials into the warehouse. Print Industry background and knowledge of materials and processes is preferred.
• You would be responsible for managing the in-bound process of receiving goods and materials into the warehouse.
• Receiving and registering materials to inspecting items for quality and quantity, ensuring that a variety of tasks are completed quickly and accurately by the team
• Working closely with suppliers and section staff to ensure all material arriving is in accordance with purchase order specifications
• Monitoring storage space and tracking stock levels and rotation.
• Ensuring stock is stored correctly and safely
• Managing physical picking schedules around production plans
• Maintaining inventory levels monitor any slow-moving stock & highlight to Operations Manager/Planner.
• Investigating stock discrepancies
• Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
• Implementing improvements to the inbound process
• Materials deliveries – to improve delivery to plan for items
• Manage supplier performance to minimise stock-outs (consignment stock, stock call-offs)
• Stock locations – materials are managed to identified bays in warehouse
• Stock control – to ensure that materials are not lost through control of issue and acceptance
• Issue correct type/quantity of material to each printing press as per job sheet/instructions.
• Return all unused material on a daily basis.
• Ensure the warehouse is kept clean & safe at all times
• All Material reels are kept clean and covered whilst in the warehouse.
• Log all issue/returns on Tharsten.
The Goods In Operative role is ideal for someone with a high degree of self-motivation & initiative. Fork Lift Truck / FLT Driver experience and licence is a requirement. Overtime may be occasionally required in order to meet deadlines. Operating systems such as KANBAN would be useful knowledge to have.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks – Pyramid8 Ltd.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.