Midland Building Products Group is the UK’s leading independent stockist of doors from all major suppliers, and a market leading manufacturer of standard and bespoke fire doors, doorsets and glazed screens.
MBP are currently seeking a General Operative to support with the manufacturing of bespoke doors to a high quality.
This is a full time, permanent position for 42.5hours per week.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
* To manufacture product to specification within allotted time scales
* Carry out all reasonable Production related requests as instructed by the Line Supervisor
* Ensure equipment is correctly maintained
* To communicate any problems to the Production Manager/Line Supervisor
* To be flexible in your approach of overtime requirements to satisfy customer requirements
* To ensure tools are correctly stored
* To operate relevant equipment in a safe manner
* Contribute to product development
* Ensure good housekeeping and manufacturing practices
* Contribute to Process improvements
* Where appropriate, you will be expected to support colleagues as requested to cover holidays and sickness
* Ensure that you understand and comply with Health and Safety at Work regulations at all times
* To work in line with the company’s quality system
* To always present a professional image of oneself, the department and the company
….and any other duties required to support the achievement of the Company’s objectives
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* 5 GCSE Grade C or above including Maths and English
* Understanding of basic machinery
* Capable of working from worksheets (full training will be given)
* Previous experience as a General Operative would be beneficial
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
* Must be dynamic and able to think proactively to ensure good communication to colleagues and customers.
* Keen eye for detail
* Able to prioritise workload to meet ever changing departmental and organisational deadlines
* Team player, and ability to work individually
* Self-motivated, practice and innovative
* Good standard of time keeping
Please click APPLY, to submit your CV for this role. For further information, please contact ALEXANDRA at Midland Building Products.
We reserve the right to close this posting early should a suitable individual be found.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Bromwich, Sandwell
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.