UP TO £60,000
DallasWylde are exclusively recruiting for a General Manager for one of our most prestigious clients based in LEICESTER.
If you are an experienced General Manager in the Design, Manufacture and Supply of timber door sets and accessories sector, please get in touch today.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* To work closely with the board of director to agree the overall objectives of the business.
* To take overall responsibility for the site and the achievement of monthly targets for turnover, output, and efficiency.
* To have direct responsibility for all production staff and day to day oversight of the office personnel.
* To plan, communicate and implement plans to ensure the smooth running of the site to achieve the overall objectives of the business.
* To work with the sales personnel to understand the incoming order flow and to plan the production accordingly to wherever possible meet desired delivery dates.
* To analyse the content of the work and ensure that materials are ordered on time in to meet these dates.
* To use specialist software (Joinery Soft) and AutoCAD to create cutting lists and detailed drawing for joiners.
* To monitor the output and ensure that agreed daily / weekly / monthly output figures are adhered to.
* To monitor and control use of production labour and minimize overtime.
* To communicate clearly and regularly with the production supervision and the employees to ensure that everyone is aware of the daily / weekly and monthly priorities in order to achieve the budget.
* To communicate and agree priorities with sales office team, should problems in production arise.
* To develop and implement plans and strategies to recover shortfalls in production and to work with the plant supervision to ensure these plans are implemented successfully and on time.
* To recommend ways in which the output can be improved, or costs can be reduced to improve to profitability and efficiency of the business.
* To work closely with other members of the directors to help achieve the overall objectives of the site.
* To work with the production supervision to identify poor performance and take the necessary action to correct this including carrying out disciplinary procedures as necessary.
* To ensure that quality targets are met, and corrective action is taken in a timely manner to correct faults.
* To ensure that everyone follows and adheres to health and safety requirements and that they lead by example how people should perform their roles safely.
* To implement training and development program for staff to ensure that we have sufficient cover across the shopfloor.
* To develop and maintain high levels of housekeeping throughout the workplace and promote good housekeeping at every level.
Skills, abilities, and characteristics
* Skilled and experienced production manager who has successfully worked in a timber manufacturing or joinery business and is comfortable managing a skilled and semi-skilled workforce to produce a range of bespoke and standard products.
* Individual should be passionate about making the business work and be strong leader of people.
* Should be organised in the way in which they approach their work and have clear sense of what can be achieved.
* Ability to think on their feet and react positively to changing demands on capacity and production plan.
* Computer literate and comfortable with MRP systems.
* Able to present a calm and ‘can do’ attitude.
* Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
* Up to 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, life assurance, discount on products
If would like to learn more, please apply today.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leicester, City of Leicester
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.