You will be responsible for controlling the construction site’s operational activities as well as placing material orders, coordinating health and safety inspections and providing safety briefings.
In this role you will be responsible to the Operations Director.
Some of the duties include…
* Monitoring the progress of a project and keeping it on track from a time and budgetary perspective.
* Ensure workers are qualified and knowledgeable about their roles and make assignments according to skill sets.
* Supervise construction teams engaged in activities for example roads, dam building, repair or maintenance etc.
* Coordinating construction work according to priorities and plans
* High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter etc.)
* Proven experience as construction foreman
* In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSH guidelines
* Understanding of electrical and hydraulic systems
* Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
* Excellent organizational and leadership skills
* Ability to communicate and report effectively
* Aptitude in math
* Problem-solving abilities
* Good physical condition and stamina
* Valid CSCS Card
* Abrasive Wheel
* Asbestos Awareness
* Environmental Awareness
* Emergency First Aid
* Face Fit
* Fire Marshall
* Manual Handling
* Safe Working at Height & Temporary Works Awareness
Job Type: Permanent
Location: NE1, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.