The cost accountant role is to ensure that personnel and supplier invoiced costs are coded to the correct departments and costs codes in line with Client’s Gross G&A coding procedure; taking specific account of specific cost categories which are key parameters in the cost allocation process. The cost accountant will prepare and post monthly cost accruals in SUN financials to ensure that year to date departmental costs are accurately reported. The cost accountant will also prepare cost reports for reviewing with department managers to confirm year to date costs and agree full year cost forecasts.
An integral part of the role will be the development of cost coding guides for staff in the departments who will initially code requisitions in the Maximo procure to pay system; and the facilitation of procure to pay practice required by finance for an efficient payment process. The cost accountant will review the cost codes on all supplier invoices prior to payment, make coding corrections as necessary and encourage continuous improvement in the coding process.
The cost accountant role will also be required to assist the G&A cost and allocations analyst with other G&A process duties but the control of gross G&A costs will be the principal focus.
In addition to G&A costs, the role will have responsibility for performing multi-venture cost allocations associated with materials and logistics areas in addition to performing key inventory reconciliations.
The role may also assist in ad-hoc Finance tasks including but not limited to assistance with year-end reporting and completion of the VAT return.
* Prepare and maintain coding guides for department costs.
* Review all coding on supplier invoices and correct the codes as required and develop knowledge of the Maximo procure to pay process to help departments as required.
* Review payroll charge with HR to ensure that the correct staff are charged to the correct departments.
* Review all cost charged to departments, prepare monthly cost accruals and post to SUN financials.
* Prepare year to date cost reports on a monthly basis, review with department managers.
* Revise full year cost forecasts with dept managers and input new forecast into TM1.
* Monthly performance of key account reconciliations related to G&A cost postings.
* Set up, maintain and close timewriting codes in the Sharpowl timewriting system and monitor time writers and ensure that their time-writing is up to date.
* Perform share costs allocations and other accounting aspects of materials and logistic cost accounting
* Assist in other Finance areas such as required (e.g. VAT return preparation)
* Adherence to all corporate timetables set ( monthly actual , BUR, Budget, Half year and year end).
* Understand the coding structure and its implication on cost allocation process.
* Understand the Maximo procure to pay process and the roles therein.
* Identifying cost codes for direct recharges to joint ventures or intercompany.
* Conducting cost reviews and re-forecasts with department managers.
* Forming professional relationships with key cost requesting staff in the departments.
* Performing and efficient, fit for purpose accruals process and posting the accruals.
* Preparing ledger analysis from the SUN financials database using SUN Vision.
* Uploading forecasts to TM1 and running reports.
* Gaining familiarity with the Sharpowl timewriting system.
* Performing supplemental tasks to assist the G&A cost and allocations analyst. The annual budget process for gross G&A costs.
Management Relationships (include direct / indirect reports, external parties) Direct reports: None Indirect reports: Department managers or their delegate for gross G&A costs and budgets, Support from accounts payable team Support from systems accountant for Sharpowl timewriting system and SUN vision Support from Group Reporting and Budgeting Team for Forecasts , Budget process and ledger integrity
* Preferably degree qualified in finance / business studies or similar.
* Part qualified accountant (not necessarily pursuing final qualification in the short term).
* Relevant experience as a cost accountant is more important.
* Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours) Understand the nature of onshore department G&A costs and the G&A cost allocation process in an upstream oil & gas company.
* Proven experience in preparing cost accounts ,cost reports and cost forecasts.
May also suit a cost accountant from a medium to large service company, who has proven experience for cost coding and cost allocation to Cost Time Resource codes for rebilling customers.
Additional Role Requirements
Proficient use of Microsoft office, particularly Excel.
* Proficient use of systems such as / similar to: SunSytems accounting system
* SUN Vision query tool
* IBM TM1 enterprise planningIBM Maximo procure to pay module
The above is intended to provide a description of the ACCOUNTABILITIES of the role. Duties and responsibilities attached to roles may change from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Aberdeen, Aberdeen City
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.