I am exclusively partnering with a fantastic International freight forwarding company based in Liverpool on their search for a Freight Forwarder. The role will be the middle person between customers and shipping lines & hauliers. You will be responsible for running the multi-modal freight desk and must be passionate about delivering an exceptional service to customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Negotiating rates and obtaining quotes from various freight companies
* Successfully manage existing accounts to their full potential
* Quote imports & exports
* Liaising with sales staff
* Advising on the best service for each shipment
* Managing multi-modal transport providers and negotiating rates
* Schedule and book daily transport internationally
* Resolving queries
* Monitor sub-contractor performance
* Maximise profitability
* Identify transactions that need special handling
* Reporting on conversion from quote to booked consignment ratios
* Seek opportunities for new and existing customers
* Ensure accurate data entry
Key skills required for the role:
* Freight forwarding experience, ideally multi modal but deep sea is essential
* An ability to multi-task and prioritise work is essential
* Good communication skills
* Demonstrate food influence and negotiation skills
* Sales & account management experience
* Hard working, looking to develop their skills
* Passion for the industry
* Motivation and drive
This is a Monday to Friday role which will be based from the office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.