Our client is an established fire safety and security specialist based in North Yorkshire. Due to continued growth, they are now recruiting a Fire & Security Engineer to be field based, supporting commercial and social housing contracts throughout Yorkshire.
Fire & Security Engineer – Key Duties:
* Maintenance and commissioning of conventional and addressable fire detection systems.
* Installation and maintenance of security systems including intruder, access control and CCTV systems.
* Installation and maintenance of emergency lighting systems.
* Onsite fault finding and repairs of both fire and security systems.
* Maintenance of portable fire extinguishers.
* Control of all stock and equipment required to complete the necessary works including van stock.
* Commission of fire and security systems upon completion.
* Prepare daily reports/work sheets and job sheets via the company operating system.
* Have a flexible approach to working hours, out of hours working will be required at times, as will working away from home on occasion.
* Be part of the ‘on call’ out of hours rota.
* Completion of site asset registers.
* To be able to deal with client requests in an appropriate manor.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Fire & Security Engineer – Requirements
* Experienced in the installation and maintenance of Fire Alarms, ideally within the commercial or social house sector.
* As an experienced field based Fire Alarm Engineer, you will be confident working autonomously, able to identify and take responsibility of problems, fault finding and resolving issues effectively and efficiently.
* Be able to work under pressure and to communicate effectively at all levels; able to manage duties effectively and concisely having excellent attention to detail.
* Experience of installation and maintenance of security systems
* FIA Level 1 & 5
* BAFE certification
* CSCS/ECS card
The Fire & Security Engineer position is offering a Basic Salary £28,000 – £34,000 plus Van, Fuel Card, Mobile, On call Allowance and Benefits for the successful candidate.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 5 days of application. Due to the volume of recent applications, if you do not receive a response within this timeframe please assume your application has been unsuccessful for the position of Fire & Security Engineer.
This vacancy is being advertised by Technical Prospects Ltd. The services advertised by Technical Prospects Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Salary: £26000 – £34000/annum Basic Salary £28,000 – £34,000
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.