FDS Recruitment is currently seeking a Fire and Security Engineer in London, South East and South West
Our Client is a BAFE accredited business based in Hampshire. They are a leading provider of fire protection and security systems and provide a comprehensive install, maintenance and commission service within the retail, commercial, industrial and education sectors. Their success is demonstrated by the retention of several national contracts since the company’s inception. To meet this increase in demand they are looking to recruit a Fire and Security Engineer to join their growing team.
Experience and good knowledge in the fire and security industry is essential for you to be a successful candidate for this position. You must be confident in your work, reliable and hardworking.
Fire and Security Engineer Qualities
* Positive, self-motivated and proactive individual
* The ability to operate effectively under pressure to rapidly changing circumstances
* Well organised team player but also able to work alone
* Keen to get the work completed with enthusiasm
* Excellent customer care skills
Your day to day duties will include predominantly the installation of fire alarms, so you must be particularly strong in this area, but also CCTV, intruder and door entry/access control. The position requires a certain amount of maturity as you will be an important part of the company with the role growing to one of senior engineer.
Fire system maintenance and fault finding will also be required. Commissioning skills advantageous but not essential.
For the right candidate this really is a great company to join. Your job will be extremely varied so you must be willing to roll your sleeves up.
A solid work ethic is vital and you must be a motivated team player, able to work hard on your own and demonstrate strong knowledge and experience within the fire alarm and security fields.
The role is predominantly southern based including London, the South East and South West. There is a fair amount of travelling and some overnight stays. Flexibility is required as you will mostly work alone and some weekend and night work may be required.
All works and paperwork must be completed in accordance with British Standards and company policy.
Fire and Security Engineer Essential Knowledge and Experience
* Good knowledge and understanding of BS5839
* Good knowledge of industry leading manufacturers
* Strong install experience
* Ability to fault find accurately
* Must have Drivers Licence and be willing to travel
* Covering Areas – southern based including London, South East, South West and possibly further afield
In return you will receive
* Basic salary up to £36,000 per annum
* Plus overtime – OTE £45,000
* Company van
* Fuel card
* Call out rota
* 20 days holiday
* Mobile phone
* Great career progression
Salary: £30000 – £36000/annum overtime,van,holiday
Job Type: Permanent
Location: SP10, Andover, Hampshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.