Job Summary – LUL Stations Northern Line
The installation of fire doors is as life critical as the product specification itself and should be carried out by someone who is competent, has been specifically trained to install fire doors and understands their responsibilities in getting it right. Fire doors that are incorrectly installed and fitted with incompatible components invalidate certification and will not provide adequate protection for occupants or the building.
Fire Doors include Roller Shutters and Steel Doors.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• To have a good knowledge and understanding of steel Fire Doors and associated furniture.
• To install new and replacement Fire Doors in a competent manner.
• To be able to identify labels, CE marks and Plugs to show that a door is certified.
• To be able to ensure that the choice of Frame/lining/casing and intumescent smoke seals are compatible.
• Be able to identify that the frame specification is correct for the door’s rating.
Ideally you will:
• Have an extensive knowledge of BRE, BM Trada, FIRAS or FDS equivalent.
• Have a good understanding of BS8214 and BS9999.
• Be thorough and well organised.
• Understand the regulations relating to the gap allowance between door and frame
1. PTS Medical
2. LUL entry permit
Salary: £150 – £190/annum
Job Type: Contract
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.