I am working with a national contractor who specialise in housing. social housing and extra care. Due to an extensive and expanding workload they are looking for an experienced Finishing Manager who has worked on student accommodation or extra care projects in the past. Ideally joinery background but will consider other finishing trades. You will need an eye for detail and be comfortable managing trades on site get a high level finish while keeping the pace of works up to program.
• Managing Safety on site including giving inductions and effective Tool Box Talks, Daily Task Briefings and Point of Work assessments to Site Operatives;
• Allocating duties to Site Operatives;
• Supervising Site Operatives and site activities to ensure tasks carried out are within their levels of skill and expertise;
• Organising and requisitioning Site Equipment/ Plant and Materials to ensure completion of works;
• Co-ordinating with Line Managers on managing work methods which are technically sound, safe, economically viable, feasible and consistent and advise them of any items which may impact / change the contract programme;
• Maintain daily records of site activities and liaise with the Line Managers to produce information for progress reports;
• Monitor the attendance of Site Operatives and check the daily allocation sheets for accuracy and correct reporting of additional instructed work;
• Implement the requirements of work safety plans, method statements, risk assessments and other works procedures ensuring they comply with the relevant documentation;
• Ensure all site operatives are wearing appropriate PPE at all times during site activities;
• Ensure all site operatives are trained to use any plant and equipment and they are using it safely and for its correct purpose at all times. Knowledge and skills:
• Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of the set up and day to day running of a construction site;
• NVQ 1/2;
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card – Supervisor – Gold, Experienced Supervisor or Manager.
If you would like further information or to discuss the role get in touch on (phone number removed).
Salary: £30000 – £38000/annum Plus car and bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.